IAC Hook up need help? Speed Pro dealer, order through?

C

Chad

Hello,

I would like to hook up an idle air control unit. I have a Accufab 90 MM throttle body, its a ford design, 86-93 mustangs. The IAC from ford has a 2 pin plug, and the wiring harness has 4 wires....

I was told that I need to buy and adapter, part # 30-7022, this would allow me to run the accufab throttle body with a gm IAC. The GM Idle air control part number through speed pro is 30-7014.

Can anyone tell me what GM IAC they use? That way I can purchase it here at my local GM parts place.

I will need to order the adpater, can anyone reccomend a speed pro dealer? I would rather not spend anymore moeny with my old dealer, he was terrible to deal with and for ever slow.

I will be going Sept 28 to Tempe AZ to have the car tuned by Chris Hines at Pro Dyno. I would like to have everything on and ready so he can work his magic. Then if nothing blows up the plan is to hit Firebird for a few low elevation passes with the new blower, efi, and chasis.

Thanks in advance,;)

Chad

The IAC motor you want is the GM screw-in type. You could just order one for the 86-87 Grand National... It's the same one.

Lance

I have one of the adapter setups, the two piece type, one piece cast that the GM IAC motor screws into, the other a billet plate that bolts to the bottom of the Ford TB. It's brand new, and I don't need it. I can let it go for $40 including shipping (new it was more like $75 + shipping).

If you're interested, send me an email: mosk@well.com. I'm about to head out of town for a week, but I'll check email as late as midnight Saturday.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Mosk I would like to buy the adapter from you. But you will be gone for a week. So I need to place an order Monday and have everything going due to time constraints. Thanks for the offer though.;)

Lance I will head down to the GM parts place here and get my idel air control.

Can anyone reccomend a speed pro dealer?

According to fel pro you can only get it through a dealer only. Seems alot of dealers vary a bunch in pricing, plus some are very slow. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again,

Chad

Try Precision Te they are very knowledgeable & have excellent customer service. The number is 219 996 7832.

Andy