IAC Angle Boss question

QuickWE4

Fuggedaboudit.
Hello all:

Just ordered an IAC Angle Boss and was wondering if the piece adversely affects the operation of the IAC. Is it pretty much install and go? Any fiddling with the IAC necessary (beyond resetting it naturally)?

I searched old posts but didn't find a wealth of info on the subject.

TIA
Rich

Sorry to jump in here...

Steve, do you have the BOP Angle Boss relocation unit or the Champion adapter? I saw an older post and couldn't quite tell... If it's the Champion adapter, do you remember cost?

Thanks,
Rhett

Yeah, that's another question. What's the difference between the two and is one better than the other? I believe one of them relocates the whole IAC mount and the other only replaces the orig. mount and redirects the IAC port.

Or something.

:)
Rich

I bought three of the champion adapters from Jack C long ago....I don't know what the price was. Jack told me it was a deal! LOL So I bought two bridges from him at the same time.

I don't know which is best. The adapters work fine.

All:

Is it necessary to remove the throttle body to install this? Just looked at it quickly the other day and the screws fasten to the stock IAC block from the bottom. I guess one of those angled stubby screwdrivers would work, eh?

Rich

I pulled mine off...a lot easier to see what I was doing...not sure that it is mandatory if you have the right tools but it is certainly easy. :)

Thanks Steve..

I'm attempting to do it without removing the TB because I want to avoid screwing around with the vacuum block and the seal between the tb and doghouse. If I do end up removing the TB, is there anything I should be concerned with? Don't want to end up with vacuum leaks and what not.

Sorry for the novice questions....but I get all jerky when I fool around by the upper plenum after my helicoil experience when installing my powerplate :)

Rich

I put the BOP IAC on without taking off the tb and plenum. All you want to do is take off the maf pipe just to have some room and then go to work.

The only reason I got mine is because my poston headers moved my turbo about a half of inch in towards the tb, and up atleast a 1/4 inch, but that is another thread. The BOP did the trick for me. And looks really nice on the K.B. 70 mm.

While it may be doable that way, I don't know why you wouldn't want to remove the TB and doghouse from the car. It's a snap and for the cost of a few gaskets you'll be able to look down into your lower intake and marvel...

:D

IAC Angle Boss

i have the IAC Angle Boss installed on my GN

personally I love it, its a great product

makes resetting the IAC so much easier

Strike...

I was trying to avoid taking the TB and doghouse off because of stripped bolts on the intake the last time. I've got a helicoil in there that I'd rather not screw with until I need to. Plus, I'm probably not as comfortable as most guys removing the throttle body mostly because I just haven't done it before. It seems that whenever I start wrenching around on this car, I get nervous..

I guess it couldn't hurt to do it - I'd really like to redo the gaskets above and below my powerplate anyway.

Are there any tricks to removing the TB other than simply unbolting it?

Thanks in advance guys - again, pardon the novice questions.

Rich

Originally posted by QuickWE4
Thanks Steve..

I'm attempting to do it without removing the TB because I want to avoid screwing around with the vacuum block and the seal between the tb and doghouse. If I do end up removing the TB, is there anything I should be concerned with? Don't want to end up with vacuum leaks and what not.

Rich

Rich:

I have plenty of these gaskets at the shop. Swing by if you need one.

Hey Jim...

Thanks for the offer. But actually, the folks at BOP threw in three gaskets (tb gasket, IAC gasket and angle boss gasket) with the adapter. Nice service from BOP on that purchase.

Thanks again,
Rich