i need help here...

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
ok, went to pull the top off the master cylinder on my bike and i stripped the hell out of one of the screws. whats the best way to fix this without damaging the master cylinder?

New screw. ;)

You probably mean the hole is stripped. Then how about a Helicoil?

i mean the head of the screw is all chewed up. i turned it with a screwdriver and didnt have a good enough bite and i ate the phillips head all up. now i cant get the damn thing out and theres no fluid in it cause i had the antidive all apart and that works off the front brakes. so now im fukt.

There's a tool out there you can use on a drill that will bite into the screw, and then reverse the drill and pull it out. Check Sears or Home Depot.

oh that would be all too great. you have no idea how disappointed i was when that happened. i have been trying to find parts for my bike cause they're so hard to find now(see sig.)i went through a lot of trouble to change a bent fork tube and i dont have much experience. and i was all happy that i got the tubes back together, then i went to fill the master cylinder and i killed a screw. so upset. so now, once i fix that, and a few slightly bent body parts and get my new headers and exhaust on, i am going to be out again, and believe me it means a lot.

Ray,
Is it possible to grab the head of the screw with vise grips?
or is it flush with the cover?
If the e-z out ectractors don't work, then you can drill through
the center of the stripped head with a drill bit slightly larger
than the diameter of the actual screw. When you get through
the head, it will let go of the rest of the screw and you'll be able
to take the cover off. Then hopefully there will be enough
screw sticking up to grab it with vise grips and remove it.
good luck...:)

A bolt extractor will work. They contain a drill bit to drill into the stripped or broken fastener and a tool with reverse threads that you screw into the drilled hole. When the tool bites, it grabs the fastener and out it comes. Autozone has a complete set of various sizes for $15.