I need a new downpipe for my 87 GN.

It looks like it's for the stock turbo and housing. Doesn't state s/s or ? You know the old saying,"you get what you pay for!" I would recommend getting one you can grow into. t/h style d/p's or ext. w/g style d/p's will lend themselves much better to larger turbo's.

Well I plan on running the stock turbo. I want the factor set up. I just recently bought the car and it has a hooker exhaust kit. The kit is rubbing on the floor pan and the original downpipe has been bent to fit the kit. I am putting the system back to stock minus the cat. I was hoping that this downpipe on eBay would work.

Does this kit require welding? One end appears to be swaged for the converter and the other end needs to be welded.

You should be able to ask questions, it's best to be sure you get your payment back and how much for the restock charge, etc. It is probably best to wait for more feed back. Someone may have already ordered one and can relay his experience.

I will sell you a stock down pipe for $50

If you want the factory cat add another $120 because that's what it's worth in scrap. Let me know ASAP because cat might be leaving by the end of the week or it may be to late for the cat

As long as it is in good shape and not rusted or beat up I'll probably take it. Look forward to the pic.

A stock down pipe has a natural restriction in it. I dont mean to rain on anyones parade here so I apologize in advance if this causes problems. You are far better off going with a downpipe from RJC or Gbodyparts to name a couple. It may cost more than the Ebay item but I can guarantee it wont fit right.

If the stock pipe had to be bent because of the exhaust system I would be looking at the hanger from the trans to the catalytic converter to make sure it is there and check for hangers on the exhaust pipes out of the back of the car.

Good luck.

yeah there are several hangers on the exhaust system.. I wish I knew more about exhaust systems. I got the car fairly cheap, but it seems to be turning into a small money pit.

Buicks are LARGE money pits. The good news is that there a number of people willing to help steer you in the right direction. Stay with vendors that know these cars, it will save you money and mountains of aggravation.

Define hooker exhaust..if its cat back hooker anything will work but if it has hooker headers I think your very limited to what you can run

It's a cat back system.. I was checking out my down pipe tonight and it's 3 inches. I'm guessing it was replaced at some point. I'm taking it to a race shop tomorrow for a second opinion.