hydraulic tractor fluid?

jim homick

i just read about people using hydraulic tractor fluid in their transmissions. is this for real or what? can anyone help, thanks in advance, jim.

From what I've read I guess it's the "STUFF". I just found some after 2 weeks of looking. Smallest amount was 2.5 gallons though. I'm going to get one of Bruce's pans when the Tbrake and shift kit goes in a few weeks down the road so I'll let you know how it goes.
Dan

Originally posted by jim homick
i just read about people using hydraulic tractor fluid in their transmissions. is this for real or what? can anyone help, thanks in advance, jim.

Yes this is for real but its Not just hyd fluid.

Mobil Mobilfluid 424 Hi performance Tractor Hydraulic Transmission Fluid

Right off the 5 gal pail. This stuff is killer. I only add 2 quarts of dextron just to color the fluid. I am not going to add any dextron next change. If you have Bruces Big pan you will need 17 quarts with a 9" converter. So you will need a 5 gal pail.

Lonnie Diers

i have a brf tranny in mine with alil over 100,000 miles on it and so far seems to work good .

what do you'll think of using it on one with this kind of mileage?

I dont see how it would hurt at any mileage. Its good stuff.

Lonnie Diers

What does it accomplish?

Is this wiz-bang fluid for durability/longevity or does
it firm the shifts?

TB
:cool:

Where do you get it?

Where can I get some Mobil Mobilfluid 424 Hi performance Tractor Hydraulic Transmission Fluid?:confused:

Re: What does it accomplish?

Originally posted by TurboBob
Is this wiz-bang fluid for durability/longevity or does
it firm the shifts?

TB
:cool:

I would not say Wiz-Bang fluid. The Mobilube 424 has a Hi shear film strength so it provides better protection and lubrication for your hard parts (bearings bushings planets) Hi film strength helps the clutches to hold heavy loads at hi temps with out breaking the oil film. With out the oil film its is certain death for a clutch pack. Also higher viscosity and a higher flash point. This helps the fluid to stay stable at hi temps and it will also dissapate heat easier. The Hi torque fluids are made to operate in wet clutch transmissions that cost thousands of dollars. Much higher quality standards than what we see in typical automotive transmission fluids. This is not mirical fluid for a trans that does not operate correctly make no mistake about that. its not the only good fluid out there for an auto trans. Bottom line is your transmission will run cooler, clutches will hold hi loads, Bearings and bushings will have the maximum protection and line pressure will be stable at most any temp And this fluid will not burn like Dextron or Type F.

Where do you find 424. Go to the mobil web sight and look for distributors. There are other brands that work just as well as 424 this is the one that I have used. Maybe Bruce can post some of the other brands.

Lonnie Diers

I found some at a local Grainger store. I would see if you have on locally or try there web site. It was about $28 for 2.5 gallons. Hope that helps.
dan