HR parts poly mount

turbolimited

Bone Stock :)
I installed this mount about 6 months ago and I love it. No torque strap and the motor sits still under load. I noticed that my intercooler shroud looked a little crooked the other day when viewed head on. Turns out the motor sits up about 3/8" higher on the driver's side causing the shroud and everything else to sit a little bit cock-eyed. (Only installed the driver side poly mount and new rubber one on the pass. side). Anyone else notice this or did I goof on the install?:rolleyes:

No, they seem to do that...I guess there is less compression...my dp is a bit closer to the control arm ear, now....

Originally posted by Steve Wood
No, they seem to do that...I guess there is less compression...my dp is a bit closer to the control arm ear, now....

Steve,

Have you noticed any false knock from your downpipe hitting the control arm with those mounts? I've got both of his mounts bolted to the motor and ready to drop in and I hope that along with the GN1 valve covers I dont have too much clearance problems. I did remove the plate around the heater box to give a little more clearance back there. I also got one of his poly tranny mounts and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so how did they like it.

Thanks

Yeah, I get some...usually set the ME to ignore the jerk to combat it...

I think the Eibachs seem to position the ear closer to the pipe as well. This may not be a fact tho...I just notice that I seem to have more clearance when I jack the car up slightly...

It may have been the same with the stock springs and I never noticed it, tho. :)

I have never had any clearance problems with the THDP, otherwise.

I put one on each side and everything sits level, and solid like a rock. Buy one for the other side and all will be good. I have no rattles etc and the moving strap is still in the moving truck :D
HTH
Jim

I ahve both poly motor mounts and also had to trim the heater box shield becaus ethe motor sat a little higher and all is good. I also have the poly trans mount and everything bolted right up after modified the exhaust hanger.