HR bar instructions?

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I lost my instructions to the HR bar, I forgot the torque specs and how to adjust the heim joints. Anyone have them Handy, or just post the basics on adjusting it.

thanks norb

Norbs,

I pulled out a copy of the de-structions and the torque specs it lists as follows - Heim joints that are bolted to the outside of the sway bar are 40 ft/lbs MAX - it says do NOT overtighten.

The brackets that get mounted to the upper cross member say to snug equally first then to step torque them in increments of 15, then 25, and last to 30 ft/lbs - again do NOT overtighten.

Clamps that go over the rear diff it says to watch that the brake lines are not pinched and the tighten the bolts equally then torque 4 at 20ft/lbs, 4 at 26ft/lbs and then 4 at 32ft/lbs.

Adjusting the LINKS: per the instructions step 17:
adjust the drivers side hex link to its shortest possible setting and then lock down both jam nuts. Make sure the jam nuts are tightening against the center hex link and not the ends of the rod ends. Double check the rod end clearence so thatthe complete end-link assembly is not bound up.

Step 18:

Lengthen the hex link on the PASSENGER side until the 1/2" bolt lines up. Attach the upper rod end. Lower the vehcile and place a on level surface. double check the tire pressures and air big pressures THEY MUST BE EQUAL and the load be the same as normal driving conditions.Turn the PASSENGER side center link until resistence is felt and then turn in the oppsite direction (shorten) till the same amount of resistence is felt. Then turn the hex to the approx middle point and tehn lock down both jam nuts. Note that both nuts turn in the same direction to tighten, holding the center link from the turning. Make sure the jam nuts are tightening against the center hex link and not the ends of the rods. Double check rod end clearance on both ends to allow the entire link assembly to rotate slightly.

For drag racing this step (18) should be done w/the driver in the car. Also it says not to preload anything - not needed.

Hope this helps.

Mike :cool: