how rare? rosewood w/ half vinyl top

lib87t-type

just wondering if anyone knows how rare my parents car is. It is an 87 turbo t medium rosewood with a dark rosewood half vinyl top.It has a moonroof that isn't power,I dont know if it is original. it has maroon interior and auto on the floor with buckets, no digital dash. it has the big chrome on the bottom of the door and all trim is chrome. It doesn't say limited any where. it is stock except for hotwire kit for fuel pump. It has 75,000 miles and we have had it for 10 years and they are thinking about selling. We never drove it in rain or winter. Any info is appreciated

You could order them any way you wanted in 87. Check the trunk sticker to see the original options. Almost every "T" is different. I don't think they offered a manual sunroof tho.
That sure sounds like an odd one, love to see it.

sounds like a cool car.. Where in PA are ya from?
All the astroroofs were power..

Sounds like a limited with bucket seats even though there are no limited badges on it. GM did not offer a manual moonroof so that would be aftermarket unless it was installed by the dealer but there would not be an option code on the trunk sticker for it.

It's a pretty rare car because of the color. What kind of shape is it in? You should buy it for yourself!

I'm in Pittsburgh. I would just like to see it to find out what other funky options it has on it. I could also help decode the trunk sticker.

i live south of pittsburgh near uniontown

he car is mint ,we did have it repainted cause of acid rain spots from the previous owners,the undercarriage you could eat off of and interior is perfect except the headlner is starting ot fall in the back

i would buy but i have an 87 t black with the chrome bumpers, it's not a we4 so what is mine and how rare

If it came with the T interior (buckets and full console) it's not
a limited. You could get a regular Regal turbo with all the chrome
and vinyl top (including the C04 heavy padded top) in '87.
Sounds like a nice car except for the aftermarket sunroof.

I had a black 87 T with chrome bumpers and a bench seat. Interior was burgandy. Don't think black is that rare of a color. the one I had was extremely rare because it had no options other than delay wipers and posi. It had an AM radio and one chrome mirror on the drives side instead of the dual sport mirrors. It did not even have tinted glass.

I currently own a WH1 car.

I live in Cranberry which is about 18 miles North of Pittsburgh. May be we could hook up when the weather breaks.

I will send you an email with my phone number.

How much are they going to want for it? I love that "Rosewood" color. Please let me know.

You said you have a black T with chrome bumpers?Basically a WE4 but with the chrome.From what I've heard there were around 200 built like that - black Turbo-T's that were not WE4's.

I could be wrong,but my friend has one also and has been told by several people,including Trey and Kirban while at a 0-60 open house,that there were around 200 of em.

Steve

1987 Black 'T' w/ W02 blackout package and chrome bumpers is the rare one... Is that what you have?

With all the different colors, models, and options, aren't ALL turbobuicks rare? Is rarer always better?

It seems even the most common, 87 GN's are called rare if they have a lot of options, or not a lot of options.....

"My '87 TR has factory purple paint, column shift, bucket seats, cornering lamps, wide blacked out rocker trim, T tops and a moonroof:eek: It must be the rarest of the all. :p Too bad it doesn't have the Mariah Carey sat on it option like the car on ebay :D"

Originally posted by GotBoost
1987 Black 'T' w/ W02 blackout package and chrome bumpers is the rare one... Is that what you have?

yup that is what i have, how to tell if that is how it came originally,in the trunk it said wo2 on the sticker.

Originally posted by gn1220
How much are they going to want for it? I love that "Rosewood" color. Please let me know.

not sure yet they hate to sell cause we had it so long,but my dad also got one that is extremly fast and hee won't part with it so one gota go

Originally posted by b4black
With all the different colors, models, and options, aren't ALL turbobuicks rare? Is rarer always better?

It seems even the most common, 87 GN's are called rare if they have a lot of options, or not a lot of options.....

"My '87 TR has factory purple paint, column shift, bucket seats, cornering lamps, wide blacked out rocker trim, T tops and a moonroof:eek: It must be the rarest of the all. :p Too bad it doesn't have the Mariah Carey sat on it option like the car on ebay :D"

You didn't have to come on this post to be a smart ass,I just wanted some info,isn't that what this board is for?

Relax, I'm just trying to make a couple of points. :rolleyes: And they not specifically directed at you.

First, every turbobuick is touted as being rare for one reason or another. It's loosing it meaning.

Second, being rare doesn't necessarily make tham better, just harder to find. Like those '87 T cars with a V8, rare, but who cares?

Third, on non-GN cars, there is such a wide variety of years, models, colors, and options, that each TR almost becomes unique if you break it down far enough. Just divide the number of '87 TR's, by three models, then by the 10+ colors, and then by the many, many options or even the combination of options.

As a former/current owner of some of GM's rare G-bodies I say
"Buy a car because you like it, not because it's rare". :)