how much to ask for my gn

turbowannabe

Well i was goin to keep it but my parents are now making me sell it. I was wondering if anyone could give me a estimate of how much to ask for my 86 Gn i just bought. I really think i should just keep it because i'll probably be losing a lot of money out of it. Here's how my add goes

1986 Grand National. T-tops, pw, pl, digital climate control, posi, analog dash. Only minor upgrades which include 3" downpipe, straight shot 3" single stainless steel exhaust, scanmaster, walbro 307 hotwired fuel pump, cold air kit, adj fuel pressure regulator, 2 chips plus stock chip, boost and oil pressure gauges, under the hood fuel pressure guage, there may be some stuff i forgot since i just got the car no more than 3 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong i'd love to keep it but i'm only 16 and the crank broke 4 days after i got it. A new Gopher motor is being installed as i speak. Some people may say these motors aren't as good but we got all the info and it is built to gm turbo motor specs and has a 36,000 mile warranty so there won't be any problems. I am also including the original motor with it! We didn't have time to get the original motor machined so we went with buying a new one. The car has 116,000 miles on it but there is NO rust. Car has new radiator, powermaster accumulator, window seals, kirban window kit, and battery. Paint is original and in good shape, the only thing that was repainted was the hood, nothing else was repainted. Interior is really nice, no rips, good headliner and carpet. The car does need new shocks and A/C recharged. I bought the car for $7200 and the cost of buying and installation of the new motor is $2800 that adds up to $10,000 invested. No reasonable offer refused. I would love to keep the car it's very nice, but being 16 and all i just can't afford it. . I might have left some things out

I am no expert but here are a couple of things to think about.

1. To some your car may be worth less than when you bought it due to the rebuilt engine you are putting in there. It is easy to rebuild the engine to "turbo specs", but if it doesn't have the correct crank stuffed in it, it will scare off people in the know about TR's. (did you ever verify if it has the right crank?)

2. I think you bought a car that was for sale on this board for a good while. It was probably a good buy for what you "thought" you were getting. Whatever happened to your engine really sucks.

3. I would put it on EBAY. You probably have the best chance of getting close to your money out of it there. I would sell the spare
engine on EBAY as well as a seperate auction.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Joel