how much boost with LT1 MAF in the uppipe

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
if i go with trans. + and LT1 MAF and have it in the uppipe should it handle high boost cases or will it damage it.

im not scared of boost around 30#

turbo im going with LT 70-1 is 4" inlet so when i build a new pipe i dont want a MAF in it

BTW: im not looking to go with a fast system....i want to go fast with factory ecm..;)

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
if i go with trans. + and LT1 MAF and have it in the uppipe should it handle high boost cases or will it damage it.
im not scared of boost around 30#
turbo im going with LT 70-1 is 4" inlet so when i build a new pipe i dont want a MAF in it
BTW: im not looking to go with a fast system....i want to go fast with factory ecm..;)

I've got almost 10K miles now on my relocated MAF, still works fine, and no hint of contaimination.
I've been running between 25 and 28 PSI.
Been running a 60 and 55s

THAT SOUNDS GOOD HOPEFULLY NOBODY WILL JUMP IN WITH A HORROR STORY.

oops didnt mean to yell at ya..;)

thanks for the input

RED

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
THAT SOUNDS GOOD HOPEFULLY NOBODY WILL JUMP IN WITH A HORROR STORY.
oops didnt mean to yell at ya..;)

The only horror story to date (that I know of), was someone tried to relocate a stock plastic MAF into the up pipe, and that didn't work.

i remember that happening .. that was entertaining atleast.

so far dont look like a long topic so maybe thats a good thing

either that or your the only one running one that way.

since i have an LT1 3" sensor im thinking of putting it right at the exit of the i/c since the i/c comes out 3" then i have it stepped down to 2 1/2 pipe (powerstroke i/c ) so that way it gets a strait 3" shot to the sensor instead of stepping up and then back down.

later...RED