How fast should this combo go?

GNRick

Retired member
Been racing at an 1/8th mile track, fastest I've gone is 7.95@ 85 mph. I had a slower ET at 87 mph once. 60 foot times around 1.8 sec. I'll put the pinion snubber back on and see if I can match my previous best with the snubber of 1.67. Turbo tweek chip, Vigilante torque converter, 60 series turbo, 009's, ATR front mount, 3" ATR downpipe and ATR dual exhaust. Also has alchy, Walbro hotwired. LT-1 MAF and Translator. Boost at 20-22 psi. Also have well used BFG drag radials. The motor was rebuilt .030 with TRW pistons, 200-200 cam. Not too sure what else is inside the motor. The car is usually one of the faster cars there. The vettes and camaros run in the high 8's. A couple Mustangs are faster than me. Casper's knock gauge shows 0 knock. I just replaced my cig. lighter so I'll plug in my scan tool this Friday to monitor the run. Also, today I went out for a WOT blast and turned the fuel pressure down a little, to 39.5 psi with vacuum hose on. There was no knock. O2's started in the .90's and dropped to .850 . This was on OTC4000 so I was told to subtract .1 to compare these values with Scanmaster. (I hope I have the decimal in the right spot). I know it is in millivolts. So figure 750 mv. Should I be running faster than this, and if so, how? Since there is 0 knock should I try another pound of boost? How about the more advanced translators that have more perameters that can be fine tuned? :smile:

it has more, get the 60' back down, turn the boost up to 25-26psi and put some 116 in it and go! 7.5's@90-92mph shouldn't be a problem