Houston Buick Club@ Lucky`s Rod Run - Jan. 10th.

86TexasT

The Houston Buick Club will be participating in "Lucky`s Rod Run" on Sunday January 10th. We will meet at the Exxon Station on Hwy 290 & 1488 about 7:00 am, pull out at 7:30, heading out 290 to Hwy 6, turn right going to Bryan/College Station to the Chicken Oil Co. 3600 S. College Ave. Bryan, Tx. 77801. Phone #979-846-3306. (great hamburgers). Depending on the weather should be approx. 300-500 classic & muscle cars & trucks. Some of the Austin Buick Club members met us there last year.

WHO is still going, weather should warm up to mid 40s- WOW. NO RAIN! J.D. Brooks, his Dad, Jon Hanson, Tim Wendeberg, & Victor Kohanski are going. I will be at the Exxon Station about 7:30 & head out to College Station. Bring a warm coat.

See you guys there, weather is really nice today here with minimal wind. If its like this tomorrow it should be a great day for a cruise with plenty in attendance. You guys be safe on the trip to BCS.
Todd

Ron Nordquist and myself will leave my shop at 7:30 we will take 105 to hwy6
call you guys on the road.
EJ.

We had a good turn out today, 8 Turbo Buicks cruised up to Bryan. Tim Wendeberg & his dad, Jon Hanson, & John Snyder met at my house, J.D. Brooks caught up with us on 290 & Beltway 8, Frank Brooks, Victor Kohanski & Dan Teel met us at the Exxon Station @ 1488, E.J Howe & Ron Norquist caught up with us at Hwy 6 & Hwy 105. We drove in together & found a spot to park together. Todd Kay was there in his '87 GN with his local car club (Brazos Valley Street Beast). We saw some older Buicks there (Dan will have pictures posted on the HBC website soon). Several nice vehicles. Weather was not too cold once the sun came out. Afterwards we went down to John (disco-stu) Pecore`s place, J.D. dropped his car off for some rear frame notching.

Had a good time, good to see the HBC and hang with you guys. Was bummed not to get to do my annual burnout but I understand the request not to do it to keep "Lucky" from being butthurt. Although we did a little tire smokin' in front of Disco's shop later on. Here is a vid from the 2008 run: YouTube - Lucky's Run (Preview)