HELP where should I put the ECM

• Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date
A

AsphaltAnihil8r

I Dynamated (extreme is nice stuff) the back side of the Q logic kick panels ,just by tapping on in the platic of the kick panel there is a BIG difference..So where should I put the ECM,It will neever fit behind the glove box ,so dont even go there:D
What's up with the cover that they give you for the ECM,I had to trim it and also heat it with the old torch to make indents for the ECM to fit,,Should I put it under the seat or under the carpet by the firewall..
Help

Dennis

mine is under carpet up against firewall, but I don't like it there, it looks odd. There is someplace in the dash to put the ECM, I believe Audiowiz has his in the dash.

Sup Dennis!
You can tuck it up inside dash behind glovebox or get an ECM wire extender from Casper's Electronics and put under passenger seat.

Originally posted by Audiowizard
Sup Dennis!
You can tuck it up inside dash behind glovebox or get an ECM wire extender from Casper's Electronics and put under passenger seat.
Like I said earlyier there is no way it will fit behind the glove boxx,,tell us the secret..
Dennis:D :cool:

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Like I said earlyier there is no way it will fit behind the glove boxx,,tell us the secret..
Dennis:D :cool:

All you have to do is unbolt glove box tray and remove. You have a center console with more storage anyways :cool: .

glove box mounting...

I took the plastic trim panel that goes under the passenger side of the dask and cut out the hump/vent section to make it all flat. I then revitted in a piece of radio strap to retain the strength of the section with the hump removed. I then wrapped the strapping in black electrical tape.

I have my ecm sitting behind the glove box, laying flat ontop of the plastic trim panel and pushed to the rear and the right.

I also drilled the firewall lip where the back of the trim panel snaps up under and secured it with a sheetmetal screw. Its clean, it works and it lets the ECM radiate heat.

This whole setup allows me to use my glove box...for gloves of course ;) and the ecm is easily accessible for chip changes, the passenger side kick-panel..soon to be kick-pod doesn't interfere so far into the foot well. It cost me some thought and time, that's all.

Further, I plan on covering the plastic under-dash panels with acoustical foam, then covering that with black grille cloth. This measure will help raise the front stage considerably and help to minimize under-dash reflections from the kick-pods.

I cheated and secured the ECM behind glove box with zip ties and a thin piece of foam :D .