help o2 volts to high!

boostmaster

help I can't get my o2 volts below 900mv at wot. I've tried everything even lowering my fuel pressure to 34psi vac line off, still no change. 17hg vaccumn in park,14hg in drive, 850 rpm in park, can't get iac any lower than 63, tps adjustment .42v, maf in park 7-9 gms, in drive 5-7 gms. Could cam sensor 180* out cause this and if it could how do you tell if it is 180* out. Also if by chance it was 180* out could"nt you just reverse the wires on the coil.

You didn't say how much boost/knock you are getting. If you are running low boost - turn it up, air with lean it out.

Jeremy

low o2 volts

running 18-20 lbs of boost knock free, but i'm concerned about knock counts with my fuel pressure being so lo. I have turned up the boost before but did not pay attention to o2 counts but did notice now that I have knock. how much knock retard is acceptable without the possiblity of causing damage. by the way I have a joe lubrant 93 street chip, ta 49,etc,etc.

Just watch the knock and keep leaning it out. Yesterday we cured my friend's detonation problem by actually lowering the FP until we had 790mv. It was detonating at 900 with no other changes. I can't explain it but it worked.

o2 volts too high

cool 84 again how much knock is too much ? I have run 23lbs of boost with as much as 8-10lbs knock retard, not enough to here knock but see it on my scanner, so again how much is to much. I also know that any knock retard is a loss in performance but what else can I do? what about alky injection and where would I set it up on my car if this would be a solution.

At moderate boost levels under 5* is acceptable, but with higher boost I like to keep it under 2-3*.

When I was stock I could get 20 degrees and not blow anything. Now I tune for 0 knock. I don't get more than 2 degrees on the shifts. I think you can get away with a lot more KR when you're stock. I know the fast people don't like more than 2 degrees.

First of all, 34psi isn't all that low, and awhile back, it seems a couple of guys were having better luck after lowering the pressure...I don't remember who, but it seems someone had his at 26 or 28?

About the cam sensor being 180° out of phase, the #1 cylinder MUST be on the COMPRESSION stroke with the piston up...you need 2 people, 1 to turn the crank until the timing mark comes up to TDC, and 1 to have his finger in the sparkplug hole to feel the pressure! (unless of course, your valve covers are off, then just be sure both valves are closed)

Here's a link to the cam sensor setting instructions that I have:
Cam Sensor

hope this helps!