HELP!Got turbo engine in Monte running, but it misses on cylinders 3 and 5!

GNVAIR

I was up until 6am Saturday night working on our Monte SS trying to get it running. Specs are stock rebuilt 87 motor. Most sensors are new. Stock turbo (off my car), 30lb red top injectors (off my car), 3" Impala SS mass air with Translator (off my car), stock ECM with Lubrant 93 chip (also off my car), new Walbro 307 pump.
All tune up parts are new. After trying unsuccessfully to get it running, I removed the coil pack and module from my car and it started. Problem was it ran really rough and was starting to shake itself on the mounts along with the check engine light staying on. I reset the cam sensor multiple times and found it made no difference. I also tried another one and still no difference. I checked for vacuum leaks and found none.
I started running diagnostics today and here is what I found.
All plugs looked good except for 3 and 5; those were soaked with fuel. I cleaned them up and ran it again. Same problem. I pulled the injector plugs off the injectors 1 at a time and when pulling them from 3 or 5, made no difference. All others resulted in popping or sputtering.
I then started pulling plug wires. Again, 3 or 5 made no difference, but it was noted that both cylinders had a healthy spark. Now, keep in mind that this is a hybrid swap using a stock 87 wiring harness. All other items are functioning fine.
I did a compression check today and it checked out fine with cylinders 1@ 120psi, 3@ 120psi and 5@125psi so that ruled out a blown head gasket. It must be noted that I let it idle for an extended period it and ran super cool.
I am just at a loss for what is wrong here. I even installed a new Casper's injector harness thinking that the one I had was shorted, but that didnt make any difference.
Why would it miss only on those 2 cylinders?
we tried pulling codes and got a code 12 every time.
I also noted that the tach on the dash worked fine with the coil pack from my car, but stopped working with the new one.
It works while cranking, but as soon as it starts, it goes to the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

is it possible that the wires 3 & 5 are swapped??

1, 5, 3 firewall side
4, 2, 6 front side

that could make the motor shake really bad-

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
is it possible that the wires 3 & 5 are swapped??

1, 5, 3 firewall side
4, 2, 6 front side

that could make the motor shake really bad-

That would be my guess too.

I just got in (2:32am) and finally solved it and put about 40 miles on it. The wires are brand new. The plugs have been out dozens of times. We checked the resistance on the wires between the ecm and the injectors. All with no avail.
We also tried swapping injectors with no such luck. we tried hooking a spare injector up to the harness and were getting pulse on the injectors.
Last thing we tried was swapping another ecm in and that solved it. Its funny because I figured that the ecm I originally installed would work fine since I removed it from my car last month.
Our thinking is that the injector harness I originally installed was shorted on cylinders 3 and 5.....a check with the volt meter verified this. I had replaced that one with a new one my buddy had gotten from Casper's. Some how the first injector harness must have spiked the ecm and killed the drivers on those 2 cylinders. The car runs perfectly now. Only 2 problems is the non functional tach; which stopped working when I installed the new coil pack and module. Any possibilities that those 2 items could stop it from functioning? I checked the wiring for the tach and all is still intact. I havent check with a volt meter yet to see if there is a signal. Other issue is the trans shifting mushy on the 2-3 shift which should be rectified with a correct BRF servo and an Art Carr shift kit tomorrow night. Good night all!

Wow... sounds like you were having a blast. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that it came together. Pics are a must! ;)

Good work.