HELP-gn crankshft ?

T

turbochargedgnx

what is the part number on the gn crankshaft...i have one and it has a large number 267 on it..and rolled fillets..is it a gn crank or not...i have 2 differant answers and would like to order a rebuild kit this week and dont know if i should bother

Could be. There are a slew of numbers for rolled fillet cranks. If it has rolled fillets on the mains and "rods", go for it!

The turbo rolled fillet cranks and the non-turbo cranks carry the same part number and casting number. Only way to be sure, is physically check the fillets on the rod journals for a turbo crank.

heres a pic - help

a picture of the crank is at... duttweiler.7h.com
on the picture page....is this a turbo crank ?

even fire crank ?

i guess its an even fire crank also ?...any sure way to tell..sorry,im new to motor pieces and its a small maze to me...i think those journals are even fire.

Odd-fire crank is a crank where the rods share 1 journal(i.e., two rods on 1 journal, like a V8 crank, so for an odd-fire V6, you would have 3 rod journals)...Even-fire crank has split journals(one rod per journal, so for an even-fire V6, you would have 6 rod journals)...

aaahhhh

ahhhh........our gn's are even fire and the cranks have 6 individual points for rods........i tinks i got it now.

thanks