HEI control module...

• Thread starter Freddie's Buick
  • Start date
F

Freddie's Buick

O.K.

So I'm hooking up my Regal see...:rolleyes:.....right now I'm looking into upgrading my HEI system. I've got 8.5 mm cables from Crane Cams. I got a 48,000 volt coil from Summit. Now what do I get for a 7-pin control module? Holley makes one as well as Accel. (So does D.U.I.). What should one be looking for. They're all pretty much about the same price?

(I had a fairly new bone stock coil and when I replaced it with one from Summit WOW! What a differance!)

Can anyone help?

:D

how much is the new coil you got,because i'm thinking about getting one for my car.as for the module i just went to my local advanced auto and got a new one about 2 or 3 months ago.i don't remember how much it was but it was'nt that much.

If your stock one is good leave it alone unless you're thinking of upgrading like I am. Both my stock coil and control module are fairly new and were fairly inexpensive. The HP Summit coil I installed however would cost you about $44.00 w/shipping :eek:
(not cheap!). So think about it.

In my case I just got a sorry itch called 'SPEED' and the quest to scratch knows no boundaries....ya know watta meen :rolleyes:.

the reason i asked is in your post you said upgrading the stock coil made a big difference.i'm just like you,always looking for every bit of performance i can get.:D

how can i post pics of my car?the only way i can describe it now is to have the chilton book #28780 because the car on the front cover is exactly like mine color and all.and except for a small dent in the drivers rear its in the same shape as the photo.

Mark,

You'll have to first get your hands on a digitil camara and the software to unzip into your nerdbox, (computer). After this, most Internet Service Providers give you web page with a certain amount of uploadable space. Ask your ISP about this. They will also guide you and provide assistance on how to upload images, (pics), onto your personal site....good luck! :D

I think if you already have a .jpg or other image, you can let the TB.com software upload and host it. At the bottom of the "Post Reply" box where you type your messages is a "Attach file:" section. Click "browse"

On another forum someone told me that the stock control module is the weak link to the GM HEI system. Any after-maket control module would be an incredible improvement over the stock one.

So I'll have to be the judge on this once I upgrade. I'll let the forum know once I've crossed that bridge. The 48,000 volt coil from Summit was a great improvement, (at least for an N/A application). I am also going to purchase D.U.I's distributor cap, rotor and 50,000 volt coil kit. It goes for $84.00. I've yet to install my MSD-6A control box. This, an Accel control module and the D.U.I. 50,000 volt coil kit will comprise my future HEI upgrade. Hopefully it won't be to much of a waste of money....so far .....so good....:D