H&K Factory Germany

Pressure-Less

When I was stationed in Germany in the Army. We were the Protective Services for EUCOM HQ's. Our detachment was sent to the H&K factory in Oberndorf, GE. We stayed 3 days and got to fire and see most every weapon they produced and prototypes too. It was in 1987 but still have great memories. We fired all the MP-5 series, even the briefcase model. Fired the German armie basic rifle G3. Got to fire their sniper rifle for that period, the PSG-1. Wish I could go back.

I was watching the History channel couple weeks back and they showed a weapons factory called Mauser that started in the early 1800's in Oberndorf, GE. Don't know if they still exist cause I didn't finish watching the show. Saw some off their old rifles..
Anyways, that sounds like a great time. Lucky Man!

Joe

[quote="Pressure-Less, was sent to the H&K factory in Oberndorf, GE. We stayed 3 days and got to fire and see most every weapon they produced and prototypes too. It was in 1987 but still have great memories. We fired all the MP-5 series, even the briefcase model. Fired the German armie basic rifle G3. Got to fire their sniper rifle for that period, the PSG-1. [/quote]

Sounds a bit like Heaven on Earth! :) Glad ya had fun!!!