• i like the ic one

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • maybe

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
:confused: since there doing a group purchase on the turbo motion ic i was wondering maybe could we do one on the v1 hot air intake would anyone be interstead? can we do this jay>?

brent

nope...

Jason mentioned in another post the V2 is your option.

The V2 can be utilized in "Hot-Air" configuration. I'm curious why a few of you are unwilling to go with the better intake. Is it because it isn't stock appearing?

The V2 is the way to go...

Brent-
I am willing to do anything I can to help. The origanal hot air intake is not being made right now (or in the future). I have designed one to replace it tho. It is modeled off of the IC style intake which is a much better unit. The IC intake however can be run without an intercooler. I have tried to push this but no one seemed to feel it was a good idea. We tested it and man what a sweet running car.
I have drew carlton ready to test the new version but unfortunatly business has been the worst it has been in 2 years and I dont have the money to front for all the gaskets and shipping. So I guess it will be when things pick up. My fingers are crossed and maybe a toe or two:).
Drew if you see this man Im sorry that has not got to you yet:(
Hey louie hows it goin? I hope all your projects are comming along as well as you would like.
My twin turbo is going together in the next 8 days since I have some time. Every thing looks really good, I believe it will be a strong mill.
jay

Yeah Jay I don’t know why anyone would want the V1 now that the newer intake is out. It flows better, has more even air flow to each cylinder, allows you to run larger 86/87 style turbos with no hassle, has awesome throttle response, uses 86/87 throttle body and sensors, upgrading to an intercooler later on is easier, and it just plain looks cool! Moving the throttle body to the front is the key. They just flat out run nicer with the throttle body taken off the turbo. I can’t say enough about the drivability. I did not see any difference on the test car running it with no intercooler on our test street at 15 psi. That car ran REAL strong with out any intercooler! I still have a clip of the run in fact. http://www.gntperformance.com/mov/sw2.mpg Not bad for hot air and 15 psi.

Dave