Good Night at The Track Tonight!!

Stage1

About 5 weeks ago I blew a head gasket at the track. While I had the heads off I gave them to FrankG off of this board to do some work to them, ie. port, polish the combustion chambers, back cut the valves, new springs etc..
My previous best with the RA 93 chip was 12.35 at 110 or so and my best with the RA 107 was 11.90 at 114.9. 23 - 24#'s of boost.

Tonight with no other changes then the heads I ran the following times with the RA 93 chip and 112 octane. Same boost levels.

run 1---------12.10 at 114.7
run 2---------11.99 at 113.7 (I let it cool down a little longer)
run 3---------11.91 at 115.6
run 4---------11.82 at 115.3 (after this run I was told only one more run then I had to park it because I have no roll bar)
run 5---------11.76 at 115.76 with a 1.68 short time.

I wonder what it would have ran with the race chip and 116 octane!

Ken
:D

Man ---those are some great times.I am really encouraged as i have some p+p stock heads that i am getting ready to install along with a ported throttle body.I can't wait now.

Geoff Hall

Nice improvement, and there's prolly more in it.

Where'd you run, Cecil?

They didn't give me "the one more run":rolleyes: One 11.83 and they said, you're outa here.

Kenny,

I knew it would pick up good! Great times there! I would find out what DC that RA-93 has in it because usually a street chip doesn't have enough fueling in it to crank on it. Don't want another blown head gasket and I got lucky the last time with my RA-93 before switching to the ME. Talk to you soon!

Warpspeed: Those runs were at Cecil County Dragway. After I made the 11.82 pass is when the offical came looking for me.

Ken, that is great. I'm glad i could help you out. I knew those heads would turn your car on;) Thanks for your business!!! Hope to watch you run it again soon. Frank

Soooo Frank what does it cost to have some heads ported like this??? Do you guys have any flow numbers??? Thanks

Zak

Heads done like his run $600 to do your set. Thats unless you need guides, valves or seats. They will flow no less than 185 on the intake closer to 190-195 and are usually 75%-80% between intake and exhaust flow #'s. I can install bigger valves for more $$ if you want that done too. Not bad for 1/2 a second Thanks,Frank;) :D