going to give up soon

crazygn

10's here i come
Ok, this is what i have now it was running ok it go's from 15psi to 12- 13 psi so it dies a little in the high rpm's but pulls hard till then. I took the car home, it was at a idle of 1500 rpm i tryed to reset my IAC but the car get the lowest of 600 and jumps to 900 and then dies . I can only get it to stay at 1450 rpm. I reset the tps and it want stay running now sound like its trying to suck way to much air .

It never put a code off but when i jumped the ecm it said there was a code 34 what could this be ,it had to put this code in the last week because i reset the ecm.

any help would be great, before i go crazy and sell it.

Code 34---MASS AIR FLOW (MAF) CIRCUIT (LOW / NO SIGNAL)

Try to replace the MAF...My MAF was headed south and I could not get the car to idle solid upon first start up..I did the 87 ECM swap...(87 MAF, 87 ECM, 87 MAT, 87 Chip) and the car started right up and ran perfect!

If you already tried the tap test and it didnt stumble then dont rule out the MAT..I tapped mine till I was blue, and it didnt skip a beat!

Dont give up now..remember its just metal and bolts!

Thanks , do you no were i can get that maf and mat sensor . Can i get it from autozone or something like that ,i have the 87 ecm and 93 -110 chips . I need to change to the 87 soon because i cant tune this car the way it running , realy need a scan tool. Do you know the price of the parts and what is the tap test never tryed it.

The 87 MAT sensor, and plug can be perchised at a local parts store..I got them both for no more then $30...I just soldering the connector to 2 wires, and ran them to the ECM.

I have heard that Caspers Electronics sells a kit for putting in the MAT sensor..you might be better off buying the kit then the sensor and the plug.

As for the 87 MAF sensor...Search the board and try to find a good one for sale they go for $80-$100..they are discontinued that the Reman ones suck (make the car run like crap)

This explains the procedure:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/ecmsensors/8487ecm.html

I recently did the Conversion, and with that I put in Scanmaster 2...I do not know how I lived without that bugger..it helps alot with tuning.

I forgot to tell you about the tap test....

For some reason people say if you tap in your MAF and you hear the cars idle change at all the MAF is going bad..I guess because of a bad circut or something...but as I said I beat the crap outta my MAF while the car was running, and it didnt skip a beat.....take a wrench tap on the MAF if it changes at all then you need a new MAF..in your case I would put on a proven good MAF.