GNX rear suspension and cornering?

Project TNX

As you can tell by my username, I am making a TNX, the car Buick should have made. ;)

Right now I am knee deep into Stage 1 of my garage. Knee deep is a literal term at the moment, knee deep pile here, knee deep pile there, LOL. Stage 1 is a total restoration, a few custom pieces and mid to low 12's.

For Stage 2 I am going to shoot for a 4 wheel disk Baer brake system, tubular front suspension, and a GNX rear end from Kirbans. Unlike the majority of TR owners, the dragstrip isn't really my bag. :eek: My concern lies with daring to be different, an ungodly 0-60 time, being pinned to the seat during a roll on, and a car that can corner and stop well. But I digress...

Whenever the GNX rear suspension system is written about, it mainly talks about it's ability to launch the car so well. I don't think I have ever read an article on how well they handle the twisties. So my question is simple, how well do they handle the twisties, LOL?

Brent

Go with the HR bar best of both worlds. 1/3rd of the price.
Nice part is I have everything you need for stage 2 of your project as well.:D

Go with the HR bar best of both worlds. 1/3rd of the price.
Nice part is I have everything you need for stage 2 of your project as well.:D

:D

Yeah, I will be using your place exclusively from here on out, no doubt about it. That front suspension piece looks great, was it designed with handling in mind as well?

The GNX rear is to complete the look more than anything else, kind of ricey, but it is what it is, and that is the route I will probably go.

Any GNX owners that can chime in on cornering? :redface:

Cornering........

:D

Yeah, I will be using your place exclusively from here on out, no doubt about it. That front suspension piece looks great, was it designed with handling in mind as well?

The GNX rear is to complete the look more than anything else, kind of ricey, but it is what it is, and that is the route I will probably go.

Any GNX owners that can chime in on cornering? :redface:

Not the greatest....I almost lost mine countless number of times on a not so hairy "S" strip of road...though I was going 75 and punching it in and out of the curves:biggrin:

GM high tech performance magazine had a project TR with the GNX rear from kirbans, you might dig up some back issues and see what they wrote about it.