GNX Pricing

70Mach1

It is amazing how fast these cars are climbing in price. Look at Ebay the past week. Basically a 10,000 mile GNX went on a Buy It Now for $70K.

#520 was at $71+ and was taken off the market probably becuase it was sold privately. If you look at the dealers site, he had it advertised at $85K.

Check out Hemmings, there are two on there now for over $100K and another with 15,000 miles for $95K.

These are great cars, but are they worth this much?

70 plus no way.Most of these will just end up being garage queens never to see even a local car show.The inital cost plus storing and insuring,why not invest that kind of money elsewhere.Just my opinion,I feel sorry for the car.

I passed on a <1000 mile GNX for $40,000 USD a couple of years ago when I decided to purchase a 926 mile cloth/HT TTA instead thinking that was going to be a harder deal to come by again. Not a day goes by that I think about cars and don't kick myself for that decision. I have always maintained a commitment to own a GNX until recently. I just cannot justify that kind of money for a car that will indeed be a garage queen. The $25K TTA is a waste of money sitting on the lift year round. I cannot imagine squirelling $100,000 away only to take the cover off and look at it once or twice a year.

As for whether or not they are worth that much, I expect them to continue climbing until the economy comes to its senses at which point there will be a market correction on GNXs like everything else.

If this country ever switches over to another fuel source etc then we all might be stuck with a vehicle you couldnt pay someone to take off your hands.The TTAs will have its day,probably not like the GNXs but one never knows.

70Mach1 said:
It is amazing how fast these cars are climbing in price. Look at Ebay the past week. Basically a 10,000 mile GNX went on a Buy It Now for $70K.

#520 was at $71+ and was taken off the market probably becuase it was sold privately. If you look at the dealers site, he had it advertised at $85K.

Check out Hemmings, there are two on there now for over $100K and another with 15,000 miles for $95K.

These are great cars, but are they worth this much?

The answer to your question is YES they are worth that much. Every one has a car or many cars that they could have bought 2,3,4 or 10 years ago for alot cheaper than they are today. Just 2 years ago I could have bought a 19 mile in the wrapper GNX for 50,000.00.....and yes I am kicking myself everyday about it, and that is with already owning 2 GNX's and 7 Grand Nationals. It is just like property, can you think about a piece of property or a house that you know of that is worth less than it was 10 years ago? or 20 years ago, even with 2 big housing market corrections. Everyone will say in the year 2016 "Wow, I could have got a GNX in 2006 for 70,000.00"....I shoulda bought it. There are 3 drawbacks though, yes it is nice to have these cars and enjoy them(they are driven, even the GNX's), but the cost of maintence and the insane cost of repacement parts and the collector insurance is Very costly.

The $25K TTA is a waste of money sitting on the lift year round. I cannot imagine squirelling $100,000 away only to take the cover off and look at it once or twice a year.

I'll glady buy that TT/A if you want to stop wastin that money :biggrin:

twinvipers said:
I'll glady buy that TT/A if you want to stop wastin that money :biggrin:

At the moment I don't see the car still in my possession in a year's time. But I'm not quite ready to send it down the road just yet. Of course if you wanted to trade for one of those GNX's anything is possible. :wink:

Back to the topic at hand.

I had a hard time gettin $50,000+ for a 504 mile GNX #103 earlier this year. I say $100,000....No way, maybe outta shear luck, or stupidity due to abundant wealth, but as far as a fair deal, Nope...there still is low mile cars in the $60,000 range waiting to be had. In 5 years $75K plus wont suprise me, but for a GNX to get that now, it'd need to be real early run, or real late run MINT w/ all documents IMO.

Kirban just sold one a few weeks ago with just under 5,000 miles for 75,000. And it sold in three days with out being posted anywhere. Mine has 7,600 miles. I think id sell mine for that but im sure in ten years id be crying up a storm when its well over 100. Just my .02 cents

fastgoldbuick said:
Kirban just sold one a few weeks ago with just under 5,000 miles for 75,000. And it sold in three days with out being posted anywhere. Mine has 7,600 miles. I think id sell mine for that but im sure in ten years id be crying up a storm when its well over 100. Just my .02 cents
Dont sell..............you will be sorry when it turns 25 years old. Mine will never be sold by me, only my wife or my estate when I am dead. Also looking for a 3rd. Was offered 65,000 3 times for one of mine with 31,000 miles. It is perfect with all the documentation, but turned them all down. The only bad part is the 2,000 a year in insurance for all my cars. It adds up.

No ones beating down my door to buy it and i was just thinking out loud. But a check for 75 smackers ?...i think it would open up a space next to my soon to be 9 second gold t. Hey anyone need a stock low millage rear out of my gold t ? A ford nine inch is going to replace it. Not sure what to ask for it but it does have a new eaten center section. It would be drum to drum and its being takin out of my gold t which only has 25,000 miles on it. Im right outside philly pa so who ever would want it would have to come get it. I hear there going for around 1,500 off of a low millage car. Does this sound right ?

I work nextdoor to a Buick dealership and on the showroom floor they have a GNX, i dont know what number it is but it only has 400 miles on it. I was told the owner was offered 100,000k and he would'nt sell. He owns the dealership so im sure he doesnt need the money.

Gerry17 said:
I work nextdoor to a Buick dealership and on the showroom floor they have a GNX, i dont know what number it is but it only has 400 miles on it. I was told the owner was offered 100,000k and he would'nt sell. He owns the dealership so im sure he doesnt need the money.
Where were these fools when I was sellin ours?
Oh well.....

if you had all the documents and there was not rust under the car which sat in water cause the water heater broke you might have made out better.