GNX Dash

Originally posted by GNut
Do you want a "Real" ASC McLaren GNX dash or just looking for a used aftermarket?

Tom Houser
Performance Instruments
www.gnxdash.com

Tom

I am leaning your way, the price of a few used ones I may as well get a new one and pick my gauge choice. ;)

Look at it this way... when I BOUGHT the first dash for my car from Kirban's back in 1995, 10years ago, I paid around $750 for the "Bare bones" unit AVC used to make. It's now 10 years later, technology has vastly improved and the cost of everything has gone up! Still for a mere $150 more than the cost 10 years ago, you can get a full plug n play that you don't have to spend 12 hours installing and it's setup with the gauges of your choice. (Sometimes it's more than $150 more but that's determined by style and manufacturer of the gauges). As I've said atleast a hundred times before, "If I was getting rich building instrument panels I'd be writing this email from the beach in Hawaii"!! Some people don't care what their car looks like or how it performs, I'm not one of them :D

FWIW & IMHO:
For a view of a real Tom Hauser (GNXDash) GNX style dash and gauges look over on
www.ihadav8.com
and pull up the photo album of >Gordyzx9r<
nice looking dash with, I think, the new Stewart-Warner gauge series.
Contact Tom Hauser for further info on that dash.
Gordyzx9r told me that he is 110% happy with its function, lighting ability, and price.
The other dash I am not going to pass judgement on, nor make any remarks. but not to my particular liking.