GNs at the beach......another terrible 80 degree day in So Cal

TRBON8R

Here are a some pictures from a few of us So Cal guys at a get together today. In the last picture you will see the usual suspects present and accounted for in front of their cars. Left to right is Jeff (smokin'6), Kevin (wiked87gn), and yours truely the ever fattening bastard soon to be in the gym after seeing this picture (TRBON8R). :D Somehow we couldn't get Gary Wells to show for the picture since he is the "white sheep" of the family with his white '87 T. ;) After going to the photo album click on the "GNs at the Beach" photo album. :)

GNs at the beach

While you were checking out the chicks at the beach the dedicated racers were at Carlsbad yesterday stretching out a Black GN with a stage motor in it.

Best run was the first one. 10.03 at 136 and the tune was fat.

The incredible part is that the EGTs were at 1990 ( yikes ) and the AF ratio is 11.5!!!!

This car has a trans brake in it now and it works. 1.5xx 60 foots all day.

A big thanks goes to Lou Czarnota for this one.

This is his motor and he wanted to put in my Dads car to get the time slips on it.

The only reason this car did not go faster is because the motor had maxed out a 74 dual bb turbo. Lou has stage 2 heads on this motor and it is insane how fast the motor spins to 7500 rpms like it is no big deal.

Just for the curious ones, it dynod on Friday 675 hp and 715 ft/lbs torque and we left it rich a little for the track at Carlsbad.

the beach

i didn't know anything about the meet and missed it ...i guess i should pay closer attention.... keep me posted and i will be at the next one it would be great to hang out with other buick fans until next time

Re: the beach

Originally posted by drive805
i didn't know anything about the meet and missed it ...i guess i should pay closer attention.... keep me posted and i will be at the next one it would be great to hang out with other buick fans until next time

The meet was after the Westminster car show. The car show info was posted in the Southwest section. :) After the show Kevin, Jeff and his wife Sandy, and myself headed down to Duke's in Huntington Beach to grab a beer and enjoy the scenery. Hopefully we can do more of these types of get-togethers in the future.

Reggie, congrats on the great pass you made at the track. I've just about got my car dialed in where it is running right. Let me know the next time you guys are heading to Fontana.

Great pix, thanks for posting.
Had a great time seeing everyone, look forward to the next event and hopefully we'll get more to attend.

Originally posted by Reggie West
While you were checking out the chicks at the beach the dedicated racers were at Carlsbad yesterday stretching out a Black GN with a stage motor in it.

Best run was the first one. 10.03 at 136 and the tune was fat.

The incredible part is that the EGTs were at 1990 ( yikes ) and the AF ratio is 11.5!!!!

This car has a trans brake in it now and it works. 1.5xx 60 foots all day.

A big thanks goes to Lou Czarnota for this one.

This is his motor and he wanted to put in my Dads car to get the time slips on it.

The only reason this car did not go faster is because the motor had maxed out a 74 dual bb turbo. Lou has stage 2 heads on this motor and it is insane how fast the motor spins to 7500 rpms like it is no big deal.

Just for the curious ones, it dynod on Friday 675 hp and 715 ft/lbs torque and we left it rich a little for the track at Carlsbad.
Reggie those were the numbers on the earlier runs the final numbers were 720 H.P. & 718 pds..Torque @ 21# boost.

hmmmmm this is tuff, lol not really.....beach or carls bad

CARLS BAD!!!! watching reggie and lou KICK EVERYONE ASS at the track was swwweeettt.

how about a track at the beach with hot chicas as officals, who would sponser that? Who wouldn't sponser that?

I've generally found that it's much harder to tear up parts at the beach than at Carlsbad. :D

well i guess so, but with the help of some fine tuning on the fast unit by Reggie Jr. and professional driving instruction from Lou, Reggie car made 5 passes at 10 seconds each....no parts broken :cool: