GN vs. Syclone <surprise ending>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TurboSy

Originally posted by 86brick
Yes he launches with 20lbs of boost on slicks with the stock rearend, mostly stock suspension, and a built 200R4 factory tranny with a 4000 stall converter... This car was running 10.0s with 40lbs of boost and now with a newer combo it has run the same 10.0 times at a lower boost level of 30lbs and I'm sure this car will see 9's very soon... Keep in mind this car has a 90% factory stock long block (stock pistons and crank) the only thing that isn't stock is the rods I believe and this car also is using the stock iron heads ported and polished (not aluminum heads), and from what I was told the car uses the stock intercooler with bigger necks and a cool box and also I'm pretty sure this car does not have a DFI setup on it either, so IMO it is pretty damn impressive!!!

That is impressive, and so are those ($1500) 11 second Buicks, You've got my respect, but I'm down to earth and understand even the Buick has it's weak point(s), I usally point this out at the stop lights. Ever seen a truck pull a 1.6 next to your 2.2 on the street, it's ugly.

your Sy might beat a TR 0 to 60 on the street with street tires, but I'd venture to say that after about 60 70mph you'd be seeing Buick tailights:

Do the math and figure out how bad traction hurts your 1/4 mile time, and you'll agree going from a 1.5/1.6 60 foot(strip traction) to a 2.2/2.3(street traction) will make your 11 second regals run like mid 12 regal.

So like I wrote in my first post, Buick's were better prepared for the strip, and the syty's were better prepared for the street, that's all. BTW: Kiss my ass pal.

2.2 60ft times on the street???

I know for a fact my car will at least cut a 1.8 60ft time on street tires as I have before, but obviously your car will do better on the street with AWD... Going back to the TTA's they seem to launch better than the TRs and I've heard of a couple cutting 1.7 to 1.6 60ft times with DOT approved street tires... The bottom line is u think your Sy is unbeatable on the street, especially from a stop, but what would happen if u raced a TR that had some Mickey Thompson ET Streets or some other DRs and If u race a guy who knows how to build boost properly and launch I think it would be a pretty good race:cool: BTW, at the track I've seen some TRs cutting 1.3 60ft times, so I think I know who would win there pal :D

TurboSy

HOSSV6, KISS MY ASS, BTW: We have truck doing the very same thing as you. Here's mine, 20G trubo ($700), fuel pump($100), injectors($250), regulator($100), chip($5), k&N($30). 12.19@110. My best is faster, but with a different intercooler.

HOSSV6, Kiss my ass, flame intended. [/B][/QUOTE]

The :D means it was said in GOOD HUMOR you immature f***-up. Whats your problem? What, you can't take a lame comment with at least a small grain of salt? Sounds like you're a little unsociable to me. You come on here and think you're god because you think you can beat every TR out there cuz you beat a few. Go ram that truck's tailpipe up your ass and enjoy. I don't have to hide behind my keyboard. Go shoot your BS to someone that might give a damn and don't come back till your testicles descend.

Again, NO FLAMES INTENDED.

Yup, TurboSy is the stop light God LOL... A 1200RWHP 7 second Stage II TR wouldn't stand a chance against TurboSy cause he has AWD:rolleyes:

I agree the syclones ,typhoons are great off the line till that prop shaft goes south. Seen it happen to a sy and it was ugly. 60 ft time then would be probably 4 seconds.They just have no pull after about 50 or so mph. As you can see from my sig my car isn't that fast but my car pulls so much better up top than my dads syclone and he knows it. For the street you want something that is fast from a roll and a sy isn't that good from a roll unless you have some major mods. Don't get me wrong i love the little the trucks. I think they are awesome but if they would have put the buick 3.8 and tubbed them;) they would have been unbeatable. All in all it is the same 4.3 you can get in a regular S-10 ,not good. All the syclone is, is a S-10 with a chrome kit:D

Super6 are u kidding me??? Syclones are badass trucks from a roll and I'm sure TurboSy would beat an 800RWHP TT Supra from a 70mph punch:rolleyes: Bow down to the all mighty TurboSy!!! LOL:D

The :D means it was said in GOOD HUMOR you immature f***-up. Whats your problem? What, you can't take a lame comment with at least a small grain of salt? Sounds like you're a little unsociable to me. You come on here and think you're god because you think you can beat every TR out there cuz you beat a few. Go ram that truck's tailpipe up your ass and enjoy. I don't have to hide behind my keyboard. Go shoot your BS to someone that might give a damn and don't come back till your testicles descend.

Again, NO FLAMES INTENDED. [/B]

Hoss Your the joker here bud. Read all my post up til yours and you'll see I was writing with respect, you little punk.

Super6 are u kidding me??? Syclones are badass trucks from a roll and I'm sure TurboSy would beat an 800RWHP TT Supra from a 70mph punch:rolleyes: Bow down to the all mighty TurboSy!!! LOL:D

Now the Supra is a whole different story, their actually fast from a roll, and don't blow head gaskets and eat cams.

TurboSy

Yeah, I agree u must be since u never lose a race at a stop light... BTW, u race up till 60mph right??? I have a friend with a built 93 turbo Eclipse GSX... The car is AWD, so maybe he could give u a race since u never lose to a pathetic RWD car:rolleyes:

Could've fooled me(or anybody for that matter).
And now your're gonna try to play innocent.
READ IT MORON----->
GOOD HUMOR
:D
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR TRUCK DOES
I HAVE NOT BRAGGED ON MY VEHICLE
I DO NOT GO TO OTHER FORUMS AND TELL THE WORLD WHAT I HAVE
AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT,
WHY DAMMIT!!!
I see you were writting with respect, I think thats cool. But why can't you take a joke? Look, you can intend all the flames you want. But you're wasting your time if you think I care. I've got better things to do. Later

JOKER AND PUNK

TurboSy

Oh I see now what your saying... TR's and TTA's are complete POS that only blow head gaskets and eat cams... Your Sy is so superior with breaking prop shafts and motors that can't handle any boost with weak bottom ends... I heard from ATR a while back that once u hit the high 11's with the Sy's and Ty's that their ticking time bombs, but your Sy is a lot better than an old Buick:D BTW, I haven't blown any head gaskets and my cam hasn't been ate yet LOL... I guess Sys and Tys don't blow head gaskets even with high boost running lean and untuned:rolleyes: I guess some people can't face facts:D

I'm just wondering what is the #'s on the hp loss of pulling all 4 tires. I guess it would be alot considering they(sy/ty's) have no punch from 50 mph and up. Buy a tr and be happy............:D I'm happy:D :D

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Flame war any1?? Jezz..this got nasty fast. Continue..good entertainment..

shoebox

Ain't that always the case, though?

The Mustang guys must get a big kick out of us fighting amongst ourselves. Even more entertaining is the LS1 F-body guys fighting with the LS1 C5 Vette guys. Those threads get fun fast, too.

Jim

Ohh my god... i never thought it would've gone this far.
But all in all we are all car enthusiasts here. We should give thanks the the many engineers that decided to bless us with boost. :D I respect any of these cars immensely - i am always in ah of what other cars are capable of hint hint (Wait till my next post).

TR's , SY's and TY's rule.
plain and simple

Originally posted by HossV6
Could've fooled me(or anybody for that matter).
And now your're gonna try to play innocent.
READ IT MORON----->
GOOD HUMOR
:D
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR TRUCK DOES
I HAVE NOT BRAGGED ON MY VEHICLE
I DO NOT GO TO OTHER FORUMS AND TELL THE WORLD WHAT I HAVE
AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT,
WHY DAMMIT!!!
I see you were writting with respect, I think thats cool. But why can't you take a joke? Look, you can intend all the flames you want. But you're wasting your time if you think I care. I've got better things to do. Later

JOKER AND PUNK

I promise I won't bad mouth you anymore.

I heard from ATR a while back that once u hit the high 11's with the Sy's and Ty's that their ticking time bombs

If it knocks its toast, not a head gasket, but a piston. See now were back to respectable posting.

I am 19 and have been driving my GN since I got my license at 16. Everyone worshipped my car (well except the MUSTANG owners!) The car is not a grandma car...it looks badass and looks like it could run your ass over...with the buldge in the hood and the sound of the whistling turbo...it's a rare combination of a powerhouse looking car that you might think has a 454 in it but really has a 231 turbo v6! that's what i love about these cars so much...they don't call these cars the fastest cars to come out of the 80's for nothing!

if only Buick would bring back the GN...or at least totally redesign the Regal GS with a turbo and RWD...god that would rule, i would buy one instantly...if they could, they could possibly challenge the stupid dodge viper for fastest u.s. car...but Buick has been behind Chevy's/GM's shadows for years...maybe one day they will break apart from GM and turn into a full race car company! (keep dreaming!)

Status
Not open for further replies.