GN-1 springs 210/215 roller friendly?

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Sorry for asking a simple question, but i'm still new to the whole roller thing... so here it is...
Will my GN-1 springs be comp 210/215 roller friendly?
I've heard this cam is a relative drop in and i'm hoping my previous set up will support it. Gn-1s, Champion push rods, GN-1 1.65 roller rockers, ATR needle bearing cam button, ATR double roller timing chain. Am i ok? THANKS!

You need to find the out the spring pressures at closed and over the nose. Found out how much lift the cam has and times it by 1.65 to get max lift the that cam and those rockers. However if the heads you have are set up for a roller cam, then most likey you will be ok. But an extra day or two to make sure it is set up is better than doing it twice. And after you set up your rockers spin it over and make sure your springs dont go into spring bind. And a roller cam is so much better. No more cam failures taking out the crank. Now its up to power to brake it.

Hmmm....

You need to find the out the spring pressures at closed and over the nose. Found out how much lift the cam has and times it by 1.65 to get max lift the that cam and those rockers. However if the heads you have are set up for a roller cam, then most likey you will be ok. But an extra day or two to make sure it is set up is better than doing it twice. And after you set up your rockers spin it over and make sure your springs dont go into spring bind. QUOTE]

Heads are still with what champion put in them....theyre 110lbs. if i last remember. thanks!

You can't go wrong with Champion. They have taking very good care of me. Just give them a call and it will be right when you get them back. So with that in mind you can move onto something else to worry about. Hmmmm......speeding tickets come to mind.

Sorry for asking a simple question, but i'm still new to the whole roller thing... so here it is...
I've heard this cam is a relative drop in and i'm hoping my previous set up will support it. Gn-1s, Champion push rods, GN-1 1.65 roller rockers, ATR needle bearing cam button, ATR double roller timing chain. Am i ok? THANKS!

So your asking if you can use flat tap springs with a new roller cam?

To answer your question NO

No the stock springs that come on GN-1 heads are not compatible with a hyd roller cam. I would recommend changing spring, retainer and keepers. It would be wise to go to titanium retainers and matching keepers/locks. Champion or any quality Buick builder can hook you up with the right parts. You will need something 165 lbs on the seat or more. Best of luck. Dave

Murphy's law canidate!

No the stock springs that come on GN-1 heads are not compatible with a hyd roller cam. I would recommend changing spring, retainer and keepers. It would be wise to go to titanium retainers and matching keepers/locks. Champion or any quality Buick builder can hook you up with the right parts. You will need something 165 lbs on the seat or more. Best of luck. Dave

Yeah, I FINALLY decided to give Mike a call at Full Throttle a call and he flat out told me "NO!" heheheh:eek: . So looks like Beehive springs and matching goodies will be on the order list come payday! :D