future gn or t-type owner need help/advice

93parkave

93parkave
okay so as a bribe i told my wife if i could get a grand national or t-type after christmas we could have another kid well she jumped on it (wasn't expecting that at all) even tho it means more diapers it also means my dream car. i would give 1/8 my manhood for one of these things well not really but you get the point but i really don't know to much about them:redface: and haven't owned a 3800 car for almost a year when i sold my park ave. so what i need help with is what should i look for? my budget is around 6k which doesn't seem like enough but i've been finding some great deals on the net for modified t-types and grand nationals which is what i would want i know unmolested ones are worth more but i don't care as i don't plan on getting rid of it and i would end up modifieng it if i bought one stock. what are good mods to look for? what are some problem areas to look for? sorry if i sound like a noob i don't think i've even looked under my hood since my son started running around as he keeps me pretty damn busy but i'm more than excited to get this thing and start wrenching again i just need some guidance.
thanks in advance
-Brandon

Brandon:

You probably should have come to the board and asked for advice before you got married. Too late for that I guess.

Best advice I can give is; find a local Buick club, join, and let them know your looking and need help. There’s probably no better advice you can get than from a local expert. If you find something that would require a trip to see; post in the “Lounge” and see if someone knows the car or would take a quick look for you.

Good luck,

Joe

Tons of info here and also on gnttype.org. Good luck with your family and your hunt!;)