front cover leaking

DCVING 6

I put a new cam in, sealed everything up and my front cover is leaking coolant, seems to be around the "peg" that sticks out of the block on the upper pass side. I re-used my original cover, all surfaces were cleaned, and used a Felpro gasket. :confused:

I pulled it all back apart and don't really see any problems with the way the gasket seated. Is there any tricks on getting that peg to seal?

I'm probably wrong, but I thought my cover was leaking in the same area once, and it turned out to be the coolant hose which was loose.

I put a new cam in, sealed everything up and my front cover is leaking coolant, seems to be around the "peg" that sticks out of the block on the upper pass side. .........?

That "peg" is a dowel pin and has no access to water?

Check your cover for a crack, or pin hole at the water passage on the cover. [Possibly a hose leak like mentioned above.]

Have used hundreds of these Felpro gaskets w/o any sealant or problem.

That "peg" is a dowel pin and has no access to water?
QUOTE]

That's where I was confused. I figured the water was getting past the gasket and coming out of the dowel pin hole. Looking at the gasket, it doesn't look like anything got past it. :confused:

Guess I'll look it all over again and give it another shot. :eek:

If it is the bolts, you can re-do them with fresh sealant. Just remember, if you take one out coolant/water will pour out.