found a car that i'm goin to look at

turbowannabe

i was lookin in the local trading post and found this add

1984 BUICK Regal T-type. 3.8L. Inner cooled turbo. TCI. Racing trans. CD. Power moonroof. Tilt.

I became interested and gave the guy a call. After talkin to him for a little bit it was apparent that he didn't know anything about t-types or gn's. He tells me that the car was purchased from the original owner who worked at a GM factory and purchased the car as soon as it came off the assembly line. I didn't get to talk to him for long because he was at work but from what he told me it sounded like the original owner put in a 86 motor with the intercooler. So i'm like hell yeah this sounds great. Then he tells me that the car has only 36,000 miles on it! I'm thinkin either this is too good to be true and he's just really ignorant and doesn't know how much this car is really worth or he's full of sh#t and something must be wrong. He also told me he's got 4 cars and needs to sell them. I want to get the number of the person he bought the car off of and talk to him about it, but i didn't get a chance because he had to get back to work. What kind of questions should i ask him about the car or what can i do to prevent buying a stolen or messed up car? Any help will be well appreciated.

thanks