? for those using RJC MBC

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
My boost is at 20# and my boost controller is screwed in all the way.I have the 1/8 inch pull on the rod,do I have to screw the wastegate rod in a few turns,then back out the RJC controller and start turning it back in to get more boost?I guess what Im trying to ask is should I put about a 1/4 inch pull on the rod? I tried calling RJC there in BG till 18th. ThanX in advance!

IIRC you have roughly 10 psi of boost adjustability in the RJC MBC. One full turn equals 1 psi of boost. So I set my actuator rod at 18 psi first before installing the MBC, then install the MBC and made sure it was screwed in roughly 2 turns.
Make a test run and verified I had 20 psi of boost. To increase boost then, you adjust the MBC, so on my setup I had another 8 psi to work with up to 28.
Make sure you have the boost controller screwed in a minimum of two threads, maybe even more. I've seen and heard where only one thread was engaged causing the controller to come apart where the spring and check ball were lost. Plus to be effective, I think there needs to be some tension on the spring, hence screwing it in/tighter 2 or 3 threads at least.