For those going Hydroboost, new aluminum reservoir w/extra port.

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I have for sale a Zoops aluminum power steering reservoir only removed from the package. It has the two ports on the bottom, one for the feed to the power steering pump and one for the steering rack return. It has the separate 1/4 pipe threaded hole on the side for the Hydroboost spitter line. It is recommended this be done instead of "T"ing the steering rack return with this as it will reduce whining. This reservoir is over 150 from power brake services.

100 shipped.
IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

need p.s. resv/ quote

I have for sale a Zoops aluminum power steering reservoir only removed from the package. It has the two ports on the bottom, one for the feed to the power steering pump and one for the steering rack return. It has the separate 1/4 pipe threaded hole on the side for the Hydroboost spitter line. It is recommended this be done instead of "T"ing the steering rack return with this as it will reduce whining. This reservoir is over 150 from power brake services.

100 shipped.
IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg
need quote

Going hydrboost this summer. Does this come with everything needed??? If, so I'll take it!! Pm me payment info

Thanks!!
Tony..

I have this item on my car. One word of advice. On the inlet at the top, insert a downward bend inside where it enters the canister. If you don't you will get cavitation and frothy fluid. The noise will drive you nuts. Did that with mine and it is quiet as a mouse now. If you don't install the downward elbow(which is a simple fix) the fluid hits the opposite side of the reservoir under pressure and picks up air. Otherwise a very nice piece.

Attachments

• DSC00597 (Large).jpg
    DSC00597 (Large).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 193
I have this item on my car. One word of advice. On the inlet at the top, insert a downward bend inside where it enters the canister. If you don't you will get cavitation and frothy fluid. The noise will drive you nuts. Did that with mine and it is quiet as a mouse now. If you don't install the downward elbow(which is a simple fix) the fluid hits the opposite side of the reservoir under pressure and picks up air. Otherwise a very nice piece.

Good to know!! Does the canister mount to the stock P.S. bracket??? Your set up looks nice with the chrome master cylinder lid.... Could you tell me how much boost you are able to build on the foot brake with this set up??

Tony...

If you go to my Photo albums located below. The My White 87 Turbo T album has photos of the install, including the bracket alterations. It's on page 18. If you need photos of the inside of the canister let me know. It's a great piece when installed. So far, I can hold about 15 to 18 pounds of boost with this new setup. I haven't really tried to hold any more than that. It works great. I liked the Powermaster, but never trusted it after a freeway failure.

Attachments

• Hydroboost Install2 .jpg
    Hydroboost Install2 .jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Hydroboost Install (Large).jpg
    Hydroboost Install (Large).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 148
That sure is purdy :biggrin: and very tempting. Im gonna keep my eye on this, hopefully it'll be around when Ive got some more cash!