First time slips

87-WE2

Back in business!!
Friday, 7-1-11 went to Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown for race night. I was just trying to get some base numbers to see what my starting point is.

After an over 50-mile drive, the car was thoroughly heat-soaked, and it was HOT at the track - I would guess 92-95 degrees. I think it probably hit 100 on Friday here. Needless to say:

Run #1 - YouTube - ‪July 1, 2011 - First Run Ever‬‏ - the car was HOT, the air was HOT, the track was HOT.
ET = 14.449 @ 94.93 mph. This was around 9:20, so everything was cooling down. My reaction time sucks, but I don't think it counts. My 60' time also sucks - it almost felt like I didn't have my foot to the floor. I'm sure there was severe retard going on due to the heat. I let the car sit for about 30 min., then put 10 gal of 103 unlead in on top of about 3 gal of 93 pump gas before getting in line for....

Run #2 - YouTube - ‪July 1, 2011 - Second run 13.683 @ 98.31mph‬‏ - I was about 5 cars back with my hood open. it had been about 45 min. since my last run. One of the race cars "had an accident" on the start line. not sure if it was trans fluid or oil, but it took a long time to prep the track. this turned out to be a good thing. Don't know what time it was, but car ran a LOT better, but my r/t sucked worse. too worried about spinning.
ET = 13.683 @ 98.31 mph. I was pleased.

Run #3 - I would say was only about 30 min. after run #2. I got a decent r/t and the 60' time actually scared me. I got a feeling of vertigo thru 1st gear. I knew it was going to be significantly better than any of the others. the car hooked extremely well and ran like a scalded cat.
ET = 13.452 @ 97.78 mph. I was STOKED!!
No video on this one or #4 - my wife was videographer & had to take the kids home to bed after the second run.

Run #4 - After #3, it was hurry back to the staging line so they didn't close on me. I was hoping to run better than #3, but there wasn't much time to cool down.
ET = 13.759 @ 97.43 mph. I was satisfied.

Time slip pic is below. Hope they're legible.

i had a helluva time running the car. can't wait to start mods. what I have planned next is 1) scanmaster, 2) boost gauge, 3) tt chip & 60# injectors. I might be thinking about a new radiator also.

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 215
thats the one i had in mind. what kind of install was it? beast or smooth?