First time out: 1.8 60' on street tires, 12.1 @ 113

Boostian

So went to Cecil last night. Wasn't the most optimal night for the strip as it was 85* and humid. Had the dump open for all runs, stock suspension except for air bags in rear springs (drivers side 5, pass side 10). Also no drag radials or slicks, just some bf good wrench 255/60/15 on rear.

Initial 60's were bad, 2.0 to 2.3 and was running mid 12's at 113. Wasn't spinning though, was trying to launch on boost. After 5 passes or so I realized as soon as i started building boost I was pushing forward

Used the e-brake to hold the car and launched off the emergency and foot brake. Got a 1.87 60' and went 12.1 at 113. Second time using e-brake got another 1.89 60'. Left at 4 psi first, 5 psi second time.

Thrilled with the 60'. ET and mph were ok, was hoping for more with the TE60 and 22-23 lbs but I'm still running the stock intercooler also.

Thoughts? Comments?

That's with alky. Tried turning up the boost by a lb but hit some knock last run top of third and let off. Figured with the heat and stock IC I was at the boost the car could take...

Those times were exactly where mine were at the end of last summer. What converter is in there?

That's pretty good for that boost level. Lower the timing a bit and try to tune for 25psi; it may pickup quite a bit. 30psi should get you close to 120mph. Not sure if 42's will do it though.

Yea I'm gonna wait until it's a little cooler out and go again. Have to move my scanmaster up to the dash board. I have no clue how guys who run at the track keep that thing above the radio...

Yea I'm gonna wait until it's a little cooler out and go again. Have to move my scanmaster up to the dash board. I have no clue how guys who run at the track keep that thing above the radio...

That's how I do it. By the time you see it, it's already happened. I usually know when to abort before the SM tells me to.

any other mods done to this car besides what was posted?
I can't see my sig. In on mobile.

Te60, alky basically. Valve springs, ls1 MAF

That's the only go fast parts.

Tranny is built. Doing an IC soon but going all out on that

Last edited:
I can't see my sig. In on mobile.

Te60, alky basically. Valve springs, ls1 MAF

That's the only go fast parts.

Tranny is built. Doing an IC soon but going all out on that
Stock injectors? Or I assume you have the other supporting mods?

009 42.5 injectors, tt chip, Hallman boost controller, walbro pump.

Only go fast parts are really the turbo with alky
Copy. Just trying to see where I'll be at. even with stock turbo ,DP and exhaust. Getting Alky installed this winter. Will be seeing what she does in the spring and summer

The car pulled good with the 60 at 16-17 lbs but was still a 13 sec car. The alky was the difference. And i still have the boost relatively conservative at 22-23