first time at the track in over 13yrs !!

no-nos

alright guys don't laugh to hard , well i finally got to the track tonight and to those who have been to county line race track, already know IT SUCKS!@!*#@!! , well i will say i was the first car to run at that track this year , i'm nervous cause of a light drizzle of rain, but i went up and did a great burn-out, ( my buddy said the announcer said" somebody tell him to stop!!". ) i do the burn-out and stage , when all of a sudden the tree fails , well after about 15 min. were ready to go again i burn-out
and as soon as i stage they let the lights start going down, no time to build boost now , so i go and take off, first race was against a modded
hyundai tiburon ( those things are turbocharged !) i did win but the time sucked !! ( see all time posted below) that was race#1

second race, i burn out stage and this time i get to build boost i take of with about 7lbs all were off the foot-brake the car lauched great!! it pulled me back so good i ended-up breaking the shifter-handle , but it felt good

3rd and last race it launched real good but i got off it about 45ft before the end cause i saw rain hitting the windshield again!! , after that i called it quit's bad night, with rain .Did i mention all those runs were hot laps and i mean HOTLAPS!! there was maybe MAYBE 5min between runs. and as if thing were'nt bad enough, i know what i'm going to say is crazt but i was only giving it 3/4 throtle cause i thought if i punched it i would be giving it too much gas and it would boggle down , well after talking to my mechanic he was laughing at me, i should have been nailling it.
remember guys this was my first time at any track in over 13yrs. so i know i have to improve alot as a driver in order for my times to get better, so if any one know what the hell these 1/8 of a mile numbers mean please let me know.
thanks guys

1st run--

reaction time--1.064
60ft time -----2.197 ( no chance to build boost)
trap mph------ 93.5
elapsed time--- 8.009

2nd run

reaction time--.542
60ft time -----2.029
trap mph------94.6
elapsed time --7.698

last run--

reaction time-- .0912
60ft time------ 1.732
trap speed ---- 83.3
elapsed time --- 7359? ( paper got wet)

here's a couple of videos and pics, i know i need improvement!
dam i have video but don't know how to post
forgot to mention this was done on MT ET streets

Attachments

• fpl bill 080.jpg
    fpl bill 080.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 201
I'm scratching my head here. You say your first run was NO boost off the line, and you ran 7lbs of boost on your second run ......yet still about the same 60ft???? hmmmm, seems like your last run was your best launch by far. What size MTs are those?

Good for you, looks line your first 2 runs were consistant in trap speed, good #'s, those are 11 sec passes, for a guy who hasn't been racing? Well done!

Thanks 87Nati, i think it was seven, could have been 5, i really forgot just how many things you have to be aware of when your racing. i was so focused on the tree and making sure i was out as soon as the light was green, ( big mistake ) i should have build my boost to were i wanted and raced the clock not the car, alot of jitters being it my first time-in a long time and the you hear how 2 vettes and mustang crashed and of course rain

those times on MT 275-60-15

How do you like those tires on the street? Any suspension work? You should be pulling some better numbers on your 60 fts, but if you do, you've got the potential for some mid 11's there.

I haven't been to the track in 3 years myself. I know I'll be antsy, especially with this new build. I know I've got 10 sec potential if I can pull it all together, and I need to do some rearend work myself.

i thought they were bad in the rain, i did loose control of here on i-95 and hit the wall but the tires had way to much air in them 38lbs :eek: i know now better i have them at 20lbs ( thats what i ran with at the track ) and i was able to drive at 35 mph in a lite rain fall going home. On a dry day they're great and when you heat them up they are sticky as heck great for the track
i'm starting to think i guess it was'nt to bad considering everything. as far as suspension work i did change the lower control arms but thats it. I know i gotta alot to learn. the car is ready -the driver is not. thats the way i look at it. also at this track the wall is pretty close. i'm sure you can tell which is mine. thanks for the feedback 87natl.:smile: you will be antsy, i was more worried about wrecking her than anything. and like you with a new motor

YouTube - Grandnational at county line

Considering you haven't raced in such a long time I'd say you did okay. Think I'd have done the same think if I seen any type of rain. I'm sure you will eventually get it sorted out and get a good night at the track. Next time though, I wouldn't worry about hot lapping the car. Let it sit and cool down between runs even if you only get 3-4 passes it's better than having 10 passes running the car hot:wink: :cool:

your right brick, freddy drilled me about that and he was right. freddy had the boost set at 22lbs, he explained the way the time is actually taken
when the car moves not when the light goes green:redface: , i told him i'll wait till he goes to the track before i go alone, i made way to many mistakes.
i guess you live and learn huh :biggrin:

You multiply the 1/8 et x 1.57 . I dont think that track is all the bad we ran close to the same times at moroso on it 7.00 7.10s with a stock motored car .

thanks laz , alot of cars have been hitting the wall there, a mustang and a vette is what i was told.

Hey i tell you what did you run in the right lane we went saturday night and got 1.49 60 foot and ran our best time there . I know i went a while back and it was bad but only someone inexpierenced would hit the wall ,i would let off at the moment i lose traction there no point in trying to be a hero and total your car . We might go to moroso wensday night let see how it goes . Laz