Fastest stock block GN in Canada?? Rich aka board member "Bird" runs 10.03 @136mph

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Saw these videos posted on turbobuicks.com by Bigmike and figured some guys on here would also like to see them... To the best of my knowledge this is the fastest stock block GN in Canada..

Here's one from last year where the car runs 10.10 @137mph~

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f7b5d1d6-f446-415f-aa9c-5f51dfc04f08.htm

And his recent 10.03 pass~

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/28f3bfa1-c489-44ba-bba1-984100a5218f.htm

Looks like this car easily has a 9.90-9.80 pass in it with some better traction! :)

Thats because in Canada its soooooo Cold. Burrrr.

I lived up there for a year, and If I had my car up there my car loves the cold, it would run real nice. Not taking anything away from the guys car, that is fast, but just seeing him doing a burn out reminded me of the cold wind hitting me, burrrrr. Congrats to the GN In Canada.

Egokilr Birds car is just as fast anywhere in the US as Canada, the car runs just as hard in the summer.

Yeah I know, but I just felt the cold breeze just looking at the video

just reminded me of how cold Chicago and Canada were. But I do know our cars love the cold, The guys in Miami say their cars dont run as good when it is very humid and hot and dont run as well. I also know my car runs better @ night than on a hot day. I am not taking away that this guys car is fast and it is, but just was thinking mannnnn that cold must really make it run reallllll nice.

EGOKILR said:
just reminded me of how cold Chicago and Canada were. But I do know our cars love the cold, The guys in Miami say their cars dont run as good when it is very humid and hot and dont run as well. I also know my car runs better @ night than on a hot day. I am not taking away that this guys car is fast and it is, but just was thinking mannnnn that cold must really make it run reallllll nice.

No doubt the cold air definitely helps especially if you're running an air-air IC... It matters less when you have Liquid IC or some chemical cooler aka Alky or a little NOS to cool the charge :wink:

EGOKILR said:

just found this post, i didnt even know someone put it here, thanks 86brick.
that day was muggy, 30 degrees celsius with the humidex(86 farenheight), 24 without. i think i lost 1 mph over last years times because i was cutting better shorts and the temps were cooler around 18(64 farenheight) degrees celsius. summers here in ontario get very hot in the 40's(over 100 fareheight) with the humidity. hopefully i can go back in a couple of weeks and try for that 9.9999 :)

bird said:
just found this post, i didnt even know someone put it here, thanks 86brick.
that day was muggy, 30 degrees celsius with the humidex(86 farenheight), 24 without. i think i lost 1 mph over last years times because i was cutting better shorts and the temps were cooler around 18(64 farenheight) degrees celsius. summers here in ontario get very hot in the 40's(over 100 fareheight) with the humidity. hopefully i can go back in a couple of weeks and try for that 9.9999 :)

No problem, your car is really flyin' especially with that 70Ptrim turbo! :eek: I saw that you plan on trying the 70GTQ, it will be interesting to see how much faster it runs with the turbo swap. :cool:

i will definately post the results. i am not going to change anything except for the turbo so it should be interesting,

bird said:
i hope the results are positive. i know some cars have actually lost hp.

I could be wrong, but I thought those were the 71 with the ported cover.

That was the test results done by Norbs and Ken Zeggie of National Performance. They lost 2mph and 2 tenths. My numbers were done using the same turbo (71GTQ). I was told that over 30psi the 71 makes more power then the 70. But I am not going to push the boost that far to find out. Next time out I will borrow my Dad's 70GTQ and see if there is any difference over my 71GTQ, but that will more then likely be next year.

i am hoping the gn1's will flow enouph to make the 70gtq work. i think norbys steel heads had just a mild port on them, and he was running stock headers. hey mike, is your 4bolt exh housing an on-center?

ttypewhite said:
No i don't believe it is.

thanks mike,thats what i thought. arent many guys using them. i will have to look into changing mine to the tangenial eventually.