FAST (Classic and XFI) and Windows 7

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
I posted this in the genral tech section but figured I should have posted it here instead.

I got my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate the other day and got it running on my desktop. Then I remembered this tank of a laptop I had laying around doing nothing. I decided to install Windows 7 on it as a trial so I dont get dinged for having the same install on two machines. Anyways, I wanted to see if it would work with FAST because when Vista came out I gave it a try and it failed (could have just been a driver issue with the com cable).

In any case, I am happy to say both Ccom WP and Ccom WP XFI will install on Windows 7 and communicate with the box in the car without issues.

Here are a couple of vids showing it working on both systems.

Classic

[YOUTUBE]a_E5iaomA4E[/YOUTUBE]

XFI

[YOUTUBE]SwRmoygNg4M[/YOUTUBE]

I wanted to do this because I am considering getting a new laptop to replace my older XP laptop. Also, it seems a lot of us stick with old, slow boat anchor laptops that serve no other purpose than to work in our cars. Since Windows 7 is set to release on October 22nd 2009 it will be on pretty much all new laptops, even the entry level $400-$500 price range. So now you can get a new laptop that you can use for everything you normally do with a computer and also use it in the car. :cool: