Fan is always ON...?

KEVINS

Maybe this is a coincidence but I just R&R'd my tranny AND installed DirectScan and now my radiator fan is always ON when the key is on. Even if the motor is not running and it has been sitting for a week...

Any ideas where to look to cure the problem?

thnx
ks
:confused:

FAN ON

Kev, the last one I had to fix was due to the AC press. sw being FUBAR. It was the sw. directly behind the compressor on the hard line. I changed it and WALA!! it worked as it should.

HTH,

ok, I unplugged this switch and the fan turns off. I plug it back in and the fan goes back on. Based on this I'm guessing that the switch Chuck mentioned is bad. So if I remove this switch am I going to lose the pressure in the A/C system or not? If I am then I'm leaving it alone..

ks:confused:

Originally posted by KEVINS
ok, I unplugged this switch and the fan turns off. I plug it back in and the fan goes back on. Based on this I'm guessing that the switch Chuck mentioned is bad. So if I remove this switch am I going to lose the pressure in the A/C system or not? If I am then I'm leaving it alone..

Chuck, or ??,
can sombody answer this question for me please?

Thanks
ks;)

I believe that switch is on a schrader valve. It simply closes when the pressure goes up and shorts out the wire to kick the fan into high speed mode. Sounds like it is staying closed now.