Engine mount crossmember

I would like to try this on my 84 corvette. My wife was getting mad because i had it parked in the back behind the garage for a few years. It currently has no engine or trans. I have a spare HA motor sitting there with a shelf full of go fast parts for it and was going to try to fit it in there. I already started fabbricating the trans adaptors for the 2004r to mount to the c channel.

I dont think it will fit what your trying to do, as with the corvette... its got that lousy huge crossmember that crosses the bay... Im almost positive its in the area of the engine mount location of the Buick, i think some brackets and a special pan would be the easiest to fit around that crossmember.

On a Chevy Luv, the cross member is a square 1x1 pipe that is removable, adding a crossmember with the mounts in like the speedway one works well and fits into this type of chassis. Being that its a speedway motors item... you have to assume its geared towards pre-war bodies that are more basic in the chassis dept.

Im going to have to do a mock up once the trans adaptors are done and see where the engine sits and take it from there.

It will probably fit if I cut the mount pads completely off the vettes crossmember and cut and install the new one to fit. What do you think by observing these pics of the poor vette
vette 029.jpg

vette 028.jpg

Very very nice indeed, I hope you dont mind me using your idea on the custom trans mounts. Ive been studying you and micheals (rogue vette) pics so that I can try and mount a hot air TB motor in this vette I have. Im just trying to figure out if im going to build some custom mounts for the engine or try and use the crossmember from speedway, but am not 100% sure if it will interfere with the vettes crossmember.

The Buick engine is behind the vette's crossmember. You have plenty of room for the speedway crossmember.
You will have to cut off the vette,s frame mounts.

Juan

The Buick engine is behind the vette's crossmember. You have plenty of room for the speedway crossmember.
You will have to cut off the vette,s frame mounts.

Juan

That is excellent news Juan89, You just cut my fabrication time down.