Electronics Project--Help spec parts?

DAILYFLOGGER

I'm crushing your head !!
Could someone please help me spec a couple of componets I need for an ultra accurate clock timing pulse circuit that I'm tring to build?

My father has a slave clock from a factory that needs a contact closure once every 60.000 seconds. I'm imagining a IC circuit for this task.

I already have and have played with a 120 to 7 VAC trans., a 7805, some caps, a 5V radioshack relay and some diodes.

I roughed in (real rough!) the circuit using two 555 timers. Good learning experince fro me but otherwise a waste of time.

What I think is required is a oscillator section (crystal?? quartz??) for the accuracy. In combination with a frequency divider/counter? I'll still want a 555 for pulse length adjustability.

If someone could please tell me if my concept is good and if so spec the oscillator section (crystal?? quartz??) and frequency divider/counter parts I would be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance. Bruce

Salvage, THANKS!

(I knew I could get you to jump in with a subject line like that.)

I checked out the link you provided and have been waiting for a reply from them. Two weeks now. I'll try again. The module looks like a winner. I'd feel a little warmer and fuzzier if their was a supplier here in the states.

Crystal Oscilator? Doable? Too complicated?

Thanks---Bruce.

Thanks again

Originally posted by salvageV6
MCM Electronics is a good US distributor for their products (Cebek).

They don't use Cebeks model numbers however. :(

Might want to email sales and tell them you are looking for an I-25 precision timer module. :)

I have bought from them before with no problems so far. :)

If you look real hard you might find the thing on their site but I doubt it. :D

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/Home/level_5.jhtml?PRODID=15640&SKUID=14885

Thanks again Salvage.

That's the breakthough clue I needed.

I will definately be persuing that.