electrical???

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
Figured I'd post this in here since is has to do with installing the kickpanel pods. Anyhow when I removed my passenger kickpanel I also had to move this metal connector that was screwed to the frame behind the original kick panel, what is it? I'm curious cause my power door locks aren't working. I have not investigated the problem yet, will tomorrow.

DOH!

That "metal connector" was most likely the power door lock relay assembly.

I don't know why you had to relocate it really, but if it is absolutely needed, than just run a jumper wire with ring terminals on either end, one to chassis ground the other to a nut/bolt through the mounting tab on the relay assembly....

or just mount it to another section of the chassis.

I'm making custom kick-pods...am having my stock kick-panels reproduced in fiberglass to build up strength, then I'll be aiming them...no need to move anything...except that parking brake..which will eventually give way to a Fiero hand brake ;)

Also, if you're still running the stock dash speakers, they will adversely effect the positive gains (staging, imaging) attainable by using kick-pods. Loose the dash speakers or try disconnecting them and you may hear what I'm talking about.

I had to relocate it because the speaker magnet was sticking to it and the speaker wasn't sitting flush. As for the front speakers, I'm gonna be hooking the kickpanel speakers and my rear 6x9's to an additional amp. I'll go and try to ground the relay, hope it works. If not I'm thinking one of the alarms wires came unhooked on the drivers side, cause normally whether my alarm is on or not, If I hit the first button my doors will lock or unlock, but no I get nothing, so I have two possible causes.

All fixed!! It was the relay. I just put it back in the original spot. Kickpanel doesn't fit like it did, but o'well.