Dyno, SD Chip w/ 93 and Alky

........... All it needs to know is the plenum air temp.

when i first put my fast system on my car i didn't relocate the IAT until about a yr later and it had no ill effect on the tune.

But.. one good thing about the iat being in the intake is one woule be able to datalog true air temps through out the run/dyno pull.

also talking about the TC % slip. we are now making almost as much power now with the convertor not locked up @ 2psi less boost over his last dyno pull that was @ 25psi with the convertor locked. so that tells me we must be doing something right :)

I also don't look @ the Max HP/TQ numbers on a dyno it's just a tool to help tune with kinda like making a change @ the race track and noting how much the MPH went up or down to tell you if you made a change for the better or worse.

All i count for is the ET and not blowing it up :biggrin:

All i can say it's being a learning curve tuning a hot-air over a I/C car. each one like diffrent things.

Don't disagree with the MAT sensor placement, but some may disgaree.
I think the MAT data will suprise you ......... may be not :eek:

I think the "perfect MAT sensor" spot is in the runner, but the amount of error is too small for what we try to do.
Of course, "perfect" implies welding up a "boss" and have the sensor barely break the air stream. ........ than again, that only really matters if you have balanced flow in each runner, and, can prove that. :eek: (getting off track here ...LOL)

Thanks Pat and Jerryl,

I don't think it's worth all the fuss to put the IAT in a perfect position, seems convenient works.

You know with all the noise my car was making I was really thinking it made closer to 500 HP ;) For the majority of you who have not seen my car go WOT, the open dump Racegate makes a lot of people say WTF :eek: Like Pat said, the dyno was more of a measurement tool and to be quite honest, the Mustang Dyno has a ton of tweakable settings and who knows what it was set to on the first pulls in January versus these pulls, so I’m not getting too hung up on the actual numbers as much as the tuning that got me the best ones.

Thanks Pat and Jerryl,

I don't think it's worth all the fuss to put the IAT in a perfect position, seems convenient works.

You know with all the noise my car was making I was really thinking it made closer to 500 HP ;) For the majority of you who have not seen my car go WOT, the open dump Racegate makes a lot of people say WTF :eek: Like Pat said, the dyno was more of a measurement tool and to be quite honest, the Mustang Dyno has a ton of tweakable settings and who knows what it was set to on the first pulls in January versus these pulls, so I’m not getting too hung up on the actual numbers as much as the tuning that got me the best ones.

Yeah, I was getting concerned.
If you made a true 297 WHP, I am at 175!

TTT - Any updates? :cool:

This past Sunday I had a MAT sensor installed, but haven't datalogged yet to see what the temps look like. I really need to make it to one of the two local dragstrips soon, but both have events going on during the weekend.

The big Clark/Kirban/GM Turbo6 event is in two weeks and I have a couple of friends stepping up to let me borrow their sticky tires. I have 4 gallons of 110 octane sitting in the garage as well, so it seems very likely we're going to see what this car can do in (What the new Knight Rider show calls) ATTACK MODE. I've always raced in normal street trim (93 w/alky and regular radial tire), so this should be interesting.

I'll post when I have something, which shouldn't be too long from now.