Drag radials size that fits gbodys

shockwavets

I need info on the largest size drag radial that will fit under the stock gbody. I have 8" wide 16" diameter rims I want to install drag radials on. Iam looking at 255/50/16 or 245/45/16 ???????
Thanks Tom

What dia. tire are you wanting to run? Hoosier offers a 295/50r16, 28" tall pn-17326, mt has one also, but the section width is 12.1". pn-3794R, which may be an issue depending on back spacing on rim.

Ok I'm a couple days late.

Looks like they may rub the frame a little when turning, but there is a little room between the tire and the fender lip, so adding more spacer is possible. I don't know how much spacer is on there now, wheels were on the car when I got it and haven't had them off yet.

005.jpg

002.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

That's what I was hoping to see Kurt. I've converted to rear disc so my wheels will be sitting about 1/8"+ further out. Should be exactly what I've been looking for.;) Thanks for the pics.:cool:

i have 10" and i forgot to put air in my airbags and launched. Wheel well took a chunk out of my tires. they were only streets so i dont really care but pissed me off when i saw it first