down and up pipes

crazygn

10's here i come
Iam going to get a atr 2.5 down pipe are they good pipes and will a S.S atr up pipe do any good on my car.

The ATR 2 1/2" downpipe is IMO the only pipe available to us at moment that isn't going to break the bank.

The up-pipe will replace your leaking stock unit. I know at one point someone was offering to cover it with braided material so it would look just like stock - damn... if I could only remember who that was. Your not going to see a performance increase just by replacing the uppipe unless your exhaust leak was severe.

About that braided line...Check with "JAYSGN" he is a local guy and I noticed at one of his stands at an event he had an 84 up-pipe clone...but it was made in SS, and madrial bent so it did not have the little ripples in it like the stockers...it also had the braided material on the outside so it looked 100% stock...its a nice peice!

http://www.jaysgn.com/index.html

with the bigger turbo you could probly use a decent uppipe but i dont find were it will hurt with my stocker...turbo just wont flow but so much.....later.....RED

I do have alot of ex leaks every wereheaders ,up pipe ,down pipe you name it dont want to drive it cant tell if its running rich or lean the cam2 smell is to strong.Iam going to get both pipes maybe it will look better. thank guys

The uppipe should help, probably depends on how much air the motor is flowing right now. It would probably make a bigger difference with a big turbo. If you've ever seen the stock one without the wrapping you know how horrible it must flow. Down pipe will definately help you and I'm sure the two will complement each other.

maybe i should add stock uppipe to my sig.....what u think kevin ..you seen it....or maybe i should go cut up that mandrel bent 21/2 pipe i got in the garage and make one....:confused:

the stock one does look crappy but its doing good enough for now

With the new ta-33 ,intercooler kit, 40lb injectors,and the springs thanks to you i sould be ready for the track in no time.maybe i can beat that 15.33 now, what do you think.you did not give up on that 12s pass did you ,it sould be about that time to hit that run.still running 85 ecm and caspers 8 pos chip ,dont have the money to change to the 87 ecm. My luck with all the work i did to it ,it will run 15.2 going to put the new headers , downpipe, up pipe on before i race it.

DEFINATLY FIX THEM EXT LEAKS

once you get the up and downpipe's on that thing should run good if it dont take you long i could meet you at budds creek again so you can bust my az in the 1/4..:)

I'll be there probley tow it ,as soon as i get my headers and others i'll be ready to loss to you ,i cant see it going that fast with a few mods i hope you are right. I'd like to get my 87 ecm in and run my JOE L 110 chip , i'll try the 85 ecm with the 8-pos caspers chip.So what do you think it will do in the 1/4 i would love to get 13s or better.

cone filter
40lb red stripes
ta-33 turbo
JOE L 93 and 110 chips
LT1 valve springs
sperco intercooler
160 stat
posi rear
flow master ex
2.5 test pipe
307 pump
adj reg