Door speaker replacement

Bad Buick

GN Obsessed
Anyone have a diagram how the 5 1/4 door speakers go in?I have the concert sound option but it seems like my speakers are missing.Anyone? :confused:

I just replaced my factory 5-1/4's a short time ago and they had a 3 position mounting bracket/spacer that they sat in. 3 position out of 4 possible, that is. They sat the speaker out about 1 to 1-1/2" off the door metal.

Didn't take any pics, but if you don't have them and want to mount factory replacements you may want to get some. Otherwise, mount them to the door but check for clearance of the window mechanisim.

HTH

I wonder if mine are missing the concert sound hangers.The "pod" that mounts to the lower door panel is empty.I did see a pair on ebay a while back...I may have to order a set.I have an awsome set of JBL 6X9s.They have a huge magnet. I am worried that with the adapter plates that there wont be enough clearance as I have a set of seat braces installed..Any suggestions?

If you find the link to the 'pods' you are talking about, I can take a look and see what you are talking about. If you have the fcty covers in the lower part of the door panel, you are halfway there. Is the wiring in the door? If so, even easier.

I tried to mount my old pair of Pioneer 6x9 three ways in the back deck and decided not to. They have a monster magnet also and the cheesy adapters couldn't hold them securely. I have the X style seat brace also, it didn't get in the way of the 6x9's. I just didn't want them rattling. I bought some new Pioneer 4x10's, they fit right into the fcty brackets with a little persuation. I am going to add a set of 8's to get the bass I want. Already got em, just have to put them in. I think I am going to get an alarm first.

I'm not one for the high dollar, high wattage stuff.