door sill plates, still available???

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
just wondering if the aluminum door sill plated are still available from GM or any other after market places? if so anyone know the part #'s. thanks..

Buy Them Soon!

Jason,

They are still available...today.

They may not be...soon.

Get them as soon as you can, before GM discontinues them, and before the hoarders start their predictable price-gouging.

HTH :)

cool, I'll be ordering some Monday, since I attend a College I get 20% off of parts through our school account, might as well take advantage of it. Thanks Guys

GM part#20008170 LH and RH are the same.;) They are frequently on Ebay for around $75.Hopefully with your discount you can get them cheaper at the GM dealer.

Any prices or part numbers? Very good idea to get a few sets to put away, depending on the price.

2NASSTYBUICKS,
thanks alot! just what I was looking for, I'll let you guys know what I end up getting them for. Later....

Thanks 2NASSTYBUICKS, looks like we posted at the same time:eek:
Yedi, please let us know your price.:D

I got a set off Ebay about two months ago for $56.It's not very often NOS GN parts sneak by everyone that cheap.I couldn't pass on them.I haven't seen them that cheap since. :)

I just checked by making a mock order. It would be about 44 bucks for the plates and 8.80 for the shipping.

They do 20% of the total order for shipping.

So it would be about 3.50 cheaper than the e-bay auction.

Another Good Source For TR/GN Parts

In addition to GMPartsDirect,

I'm using www.oldbuickparts.com (aka CARS) more & more.

Either one is ten X safer than an eBay auction.

Sometimes hoping to "save" a buck or 2 or have "fun" on eBay
can turn very expensive, and there's next to NOTHING you can do about it without mucho grief, wasted time, stomach acid, etcetera.

Only if you pay by credit card do you stand even a chance on eBay when things go wrong.

HTH :)

I have had some bad experiences with CARS, the description in their catalog is not always accurate, jut be sure that you know for sure what you're buying.

Originally posted by Renthorin
They do 20% of the total order for shipping.

That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes: If you order a pair, I bet they stick them in one box, but charge double the rate. :confused: :mad:

Some big parts are cheap, some little parts are expensive. They should do it by weight and size.

Originally posted by 84GNTTYPE
I have had some bad experiences

Ever gotten a box with only half your parts from an eBay seller (that only takes M.O.s) ?

Then, you contact them, and they reply:

"Your auction item was shipped. Delivery verified. Check the P.O."

THEN---what do you do?--->Suggest using a genuine dealer, and avoid the increasing risks of both eBay & PayPal.

THW eBay :)