Did Weld stop making 4" bs wheels??

russgoodman

Or am I just retarded? I've had a set of 15x8 prostars with 4" Bs on my list for some time now and went to price them again and can't find the damn things. I see 3.5" and 4.5" bs but not 4" - I've even looked at draglites and rodlites and can't find that size in any of them. I've looked at summit, jegs, ebay.

So my next question would be what other options of sizes do I have? I Plan on running a 28x10x15 slick - would the 3.5 or the 4.5 bs work without rubbing? I really don't want to use a spacer either. Right now Im running 275/60/15 mt dr's on the stock t wheel with no rubbing issues. Both rear air bags, about 22/11 psi. :confused:

I think thats the way they have always been ..3.5 (out to rear 1/4) ,4.5 (I use these with a 1/4" spacer) , 5.5(frame notch ) :cool:

Correct. They never made a 4" BS that I know of. I always used a 3.5" BS and fit was great on my pro stars.

I run weld rodlite 15X8 with 3.5in backspacing with a 28X10 goodyear slick. I have had no issues with spacing or clearance.

I run weld rodlite 15X8 with 3.5in backspacing with a 28X10 goodyear slick. I have had no issues with spacing or clearance.

Clay, you crack me up. For some reason I thought at one point you told me they were 4" backspace. I probably should have called you instead of making myself look stupid with this post. Oh well.

Guys, thanks for all the help. I made the original post at work and must have been getting the prostars and telstars mixed up. I'm at home now and I checked my list and this is the direct wording "Weld Pro Star Wheels 15x8 5x4.75 BP 3.5 BS". So I guess I had it right all along. Thanks again.

All four wheels $389 shipped to my door.They are on sale at Summit through April.Screw Weld/American racing and their BS,more holy than thou pricing.These are 15x8(27560) and 15x4(20570).My .02 which is actually fact.........

Attachments

• Apr 09 009.jpg
    Apr 09 009.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,891
Those Pro Stars look good on your car. Are they 3.5 bs or 4.5? Is 4 inch bs the most you can get away with on a G body w/o spacers?

Every weld wheel I've measured, is off 1/8 or 1/4"....for example.....if it supposed to have a 4" bs, it will actually measure 4 3/16' or 3 7/8"....I called them once and asked about it.....they said I was measuring wrong........a vendor has never made a mistake, it's ALWAYS the consumer who is wrong....go figure :confused:

I just picked up a pair of prostars. It's wierd how they measure the wheels. The guy listed them as 9" wide with a 4" backspace. Weld doesn't make a prostar with either of those dimensions.

So i picked them up, and measured them.

They are 8" wheels but when you measure that demension, you don't count the flanges.

For the backspacing, if you don't count the flanges, it is 4".... but since they don't make a 4" backspace wheel, you must have to count the flange and that makes it a 4.5" backspace.

just my 2 cents. I wanted them to be 3.5" b/s but after reading a few threads these should work no problem.

Every weld wheel I've measured, is off 1/8 or 1/4"....for example.....if it supposed to have a 4" bs, it will actually measure 4 3/16' or 3 7/8"....I called them once and asked about it.....they said I was measuring wrong........a vendor has never made a mistake, it's ALWAYS the consumer who is wrong....go figure :confused:

I had 15x10 Weld Draglites with 5 1/2 backspacing on my old 72 Chevelle and they actually measured 15x9 3/4 with 5 3/8 backspacing.

Iwas just on the summit site loking at the torqlites 15 -8 - 4.75 and it only comes with a 4.50 bs. I do not not think i could run a 275-60 mt tire with out frame rub ,,,,,but what about a 255-60.????....MR GRUMP.:)

275/60 on a 8" rim with 4.5 bs will fit fine with aluminum drums. What is so bad about spacers? I have run spacers for years. The 3.5bs wheel sticks out too far for my liking, plus my 28x10.5 M/T slicks are very close to the frame and rub the rolled (and I mean rolled) wheel lip on turns with a 4.5bs and a 7/16" spacer with iron drums. I can't see 3.5bs working with those slicks on my car.
I just put my old 15x8 4.5 bs billet specialties street lites with a 275/60 MT DR on my Limited with a 3/16 spacer and iron drums. The wheel lips aren't rolled, and I have about 3/8" to the frame. It fits perfect, no rubbing at all.