Did Buick make engines for Volvos in the 80s?

bishir

Serenity Now
I was looking at a friends boat tonight and he showed me his engine. He's had the boat since it was new in 84. It was V6 powered and the air cleaner said Volvo or Audi, but I'm not too sure right now.

Well, I told him it looks a lot like a Buick V6 (expecially because the valve covers looked exactly like my old Regal's) and he said it was. He said they made engines for those cars. :confused: Anyway, upon closer inspection it looked like a 4.1 block. I'm not a 4.1 expert, but the timing cover looked flat on the bottom and different than my car.

Can anybody explain this a little more to me?

James

I don't know about boats, but a few hot air turbo motors found their way into Volvo cars. Bobbie Allison was racing Regal in the Winston Cup. He is one of the people who became a Grand National champion and helped our cars get their name. Bobbie ran a shop in Atlanta where they did the conversions. I met a friend of the Allision family who had the last two motors in his garage. That was a pretty sight. Two new off the line turbo motors with all accessories and still having the original oil in the pan. One went for a conversion in a Toyota pick-up.