Debating next mod...

turboost

With my current setup I am not sure of what my next mod should be. I am sticking with the 36 inj for now till I get closer to there max. I was either thinking about ME 16 position, V4 intercooler, or a converter.

Spool up is a little laggy but I thought the ME may take car of that and give better performance than the Thrasher chips which I feel is the reason for my low traps (my car just doesn't get along with the 108). My stock intercooler has the stock neck. Any input would be appreciated.

I would half to say your next step is going to be a FM Intercooler a V4 sounds like the one for you . What a car of this kind needs is air flow. Think of the air flow going into your IC like a traffic jam the more cars you at the intersection the slower you go. You can only push so much air through that little hole untill it starts to backup on you. Which inturn slows down the rate of spoolup (Turbo Lag) and limits power output .

if you are racing on street tires, the absolute, cheapest, most effective upgrade you can do is get some tires.....ET Streets minimum..."real" slicks, even better

Originally posted by stevemon
Turboost,
I saw your 60 fts on street tires the other wk-end so I hope you have some traction aids in mind when you upgrade. :rolleyes:
That being said... I think the best bang for your buck is a 2.5" neck and a 3K stall stock dia converter. (about $500 and they should comlpiment the mods you have now)
We can also try tuniing a chip for you & see if that helps. Let me know next time you're coming down to Noble.

You just had to bring up my 60ft didn't you:)

Since I really don't race on the track a lot my mods reflect more street driving(racing) than anything. Thats why I keep finding some reason to put off slicks but after my 2.4 performance I have been considering them and looking for some s10 drums all week and found some but 1 was cracked a little. My mph was on the low side I think for my combo (107mph) so thats why I am looking for the missing link but it may very well be within the intercooler and chip. Thanks for the input

I have the alky injection. I was starting to think about ported irons to help out with more boost on the street. I can already run 21psi on the street and I know I can push it more but I was wanting to relieve some of the preesure off the turbo so I think I will go with an intercooler neck and maybe some ported irons.