Creative Journalism

Frederickdav

Last Friday night my part of West Michigan suffered a severe thunder storm. Many trees were downed and many thousands of homes were without electricity for most of the weekend. Sunday night a local "news" van pulled up near my neighbors house. The crew raised the tower and prepared to do a remote broadcast. Even though I don't usually watch the news, I turned on the and put on their "news". I was surprised to see/hear this joker telling how the house behind him was still without power. That house, like the rest in this area, has a "smart meter" and it was blinking like always. After the guy finished, I walked over to speak to him. I pointed out the meter and the basement lights that proved this house had electricity. These guys had a real good response: "Creative Journalism". They told me that they had searched all over the neighborhood to find a house without power and this was the only house they could find without a bunch of lights on. The camera man told me he had to be careful to keep the blinking smart meter out of the shot. I have suspected for a long time that these folks make up some of the "news". Now I know for a fact that if there is no story they make one up. If they lie about something as unimportant as this, what about the "big" news?

And they wonder why the media is held in such low esteem, at least by people who are capable of normal thought processing...

LIbEralS

News is no longer just news, it is news and opinion. The opinion part is the caveat.

I don't know when it changed. Back in the days of black and white television, if the news man said it then it was fact. When they were giving their opinion it was noted as that. Maybe the reason this modern way of "reporting the news" is accepted is because the younger generations don't know any different.

I wonder what Walter Cronkite would think of today's profit fueled, nonobjective, agenda pushing, Lamestream Media?

What's the difference between a tradegy and a cow? Most liberals don't know how to milk a cow.

Last edited: